Exists any Timeline to Action script?

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Genete

Exists any Timeline to Action script?

Post by Genete »

It is known that actions are pieces of timeline recorded with a name that you can be reused anytime at any frame position.
Sometime, during character set-up you use mainline to test your character and perform a determinated action and watch it several times. After, you repeat the moves (perhaps adjusting timing) inside the action definition to record it permanently.

It is possible to create an script that copy a section of mainline into a new action to save time and work? In the desired script, only selected layer and its children will be affected by it, and none of parents keyframes should be copied.

Perhaps it already exists...

Thanks to all scripters. You're very generous.
Regards
BA

Post by BA »

you can do this without a script...

create your new action. with the action's timeline active, select 'mainline' in the action window, and hit the 'copy' button. Done!

very handy!!!
Create cartoon characters and comics in minutes: www.bitstrips.com
Genete

Post by Genete »

Thankyou very much BA for the help!!!.

It works fine for creating actions when in main line there are only keyframes. if you have another action reference in the main line it does not copy the referenced keyframes for referenced actions it only copies the refernce itself but it don't do anything. (Is this a bug? I don't know).
So create actions based on actions placed by refernced in main line does not work. It can be solved putting copies of actions in main line instead of references before create the new action.

Other solution that I've just discovered is that you can also paste a copy, of the refernced action in main line, inside the new action definition in the same way that you explained to me (select the action and paste a copy) for the main line. If the insertion frame is the proper one you can fix the problem mentioned before.

THANKS A LOT IT HELPS ME A LOT. THANKS THANKS
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

wow. thanks too. wow.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Man, I just came across this problem last night. Thanks alot! Saves me some time. :D
dreeko13

Post by dreeko13 »

thanks for this thread ..i thought i was going mad....i knew it had to be possible