copy and paste bones (missing script)

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

macguffin

copy and paste bones (missing script)

Post by macguffin »

Hello, I'm new to Anime studio and have spent the last few days reading all the excellent stuff in this forum. I'm starting to get to grips with AS and am really excited by the potential of this program.

I have been trying to locate the copy and paste bones script from Tha Narie
http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3691
but all the links to it seem dead, does anyone have a copy they could upload or email me? Or has it been taken down for a reason, I read that it was a little buggy?
What I want to do it set up a duplicate skeleton to use with heyvern's master/control bone script so that I can get at all the bones without having to switch layers.

Cheers
Touched

Post by Touched »

Here's the one that Vern says works for him. I don't have much luck with it, myself, but maybe that's because I'm trying to paste the bones into the same layer. http://www.lowrestv.com/moho_stuff/copybones.zip
macguffin

Post by macguffin »

Thanks very much
Genete

Post by Genete »

Touched wrote:Here's the one that Vern says works for him. I don't have much luck with it, myself, but maybe that's because I'm trying to paste the bones into the same layer. http://www.lowrestv.com/moho_stuff/copybones.zip
It have problems with the naming of the bones. If you have autonamig the bones they will be messed up. To wokr perfectly with the standard preferences The copied bones have to not have nae if autoname is on. If automated naming is off then there is no problem. But you have the copied bones exactly avobe the old ones so it is diffficult to move them specially because the parentship is a garbage.

The best way to do the copy paste is in two steps. With the autoname turned on:

1) Select the bones to copy.
2) Go to the menu script and select Copy Bones. Left the default settings to "selected bones".
3) Go to other bone layer.
4) From Edit -> Preferences uncheck auto-name bones.
5) Select Paste bone menu script.
6) If the bones are a cinematic chain move the root bone to other position. If not link the root bones of every subchain ot a root one and move all of them to another position.
7) Select again all the bones
8.) Restore autoname bones. Then copy / paste to the original layer.

Now the bones have new names properly named and the pased bones are in other position than the original ones.

It could be a good thing that an ofset dX and dY is an option in this copy paste bones script.

Genete
Touched

Post by Touched »

That could indeed be what was messing me up, because I do have it set to auto-name bones. I'll try the way you describe next time it would come in handy. Thanks, Genete!