What do you think of these characters? (WIP)

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

capricorn33

Post by capricorn33 »

Genete wrote:...she needs some vertical turn to her head to make it more credible. (.../ Also some bounce to her breasts and roll of fat .../
Hmm, yes of course... thanks, Genete.

It is hard to get those waves of fat, the secondary motions, to move correctly... I gave it a shot here... but now I made her belly bouncing too fast, I think... :|

jumping mother, some corrections...
capricorn ( - just call me "cap")
children's tv pro, character animator
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Beautiful work capricorn, the mums jumping looks great and I don't think the belly is moving too fast, to me it's looking great.
I also like the style of the whole family, with the spare colors and simple shapes.
Genete

Post by Genete »

For me the bounce is perfect.
Congratulations!
capricorn33

Post by capricorn33 »

Thanks, Ulrik and Genete.
You are most kind... but still... that belly isn't really "rolling" to my eyes... it's more like it was attached to a spring or something, too much boing-oing and too little pure fatty weight... Maybe the belly's movement should start a little slower, it's heavy and should take a little longer time to respond?

Hm. It's difficult, but I feel I'm learning - and it's fun! :)

I'll be back with more soon.

cheers
capricorn33

Post by capricorn33 »

donnie wrote: Hmmm....about Coney JR's walk I would maybe suggest that he needs a bit more 'up and down' movement.../
You also seem to have some kind of back and forth rotation on the body, which is fine, but the rate in which it moves isn't perhaps 'even' which gives him a bit of a 'limpy' feel.
D.
Thanks for your notes, Donnie!
Here is a somewhat improved walk. (And forgive me for the lousy background art...)

a little less limping junior

Well, I can't really call this walk innovative or not even very good. But his limping sickness has impoved at least a little since last time you saw him... :-)
Next time I'll try to give him a little happier style of walk... This one is just to boring and out of character. He's just a little boy, for God's sake!

Meanwhile I have also been thinking about the story that junior is about to stumble into. I have a couple of ideas.
One of them includes a mystic basket filled with eggs that Coney's mother finds on the doorstep one early morning when she's out to check the mailbox... Very mysterious. Who would put twenty eggs outside someone elses house like that? And it's not like it's easter or anything right now...

Little coney JR is fascinated by the eggs. And he is wondering what KIND of eggs they might be. Are they normal hen's eggs? Alligator? Or something else...?

(- No, it's NOT dragon's eggs!!!) :-)

But what are they then...??? And where did they come from?
Hmm, the plot thickens... :-)

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Last edited by capricorn33 on Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Genete

Post by Genete »

It looks very credible!
And there are not visible feet slip during walking. It seems You have done a good onionskin work!

Good luck with the story.
-G
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

capricorn33 wrote:...where did they come from?
They may have been left there by the cholesterol fairy...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
capricorn33

Post by capricorn33 »

jahnocli wrote:
capricorn33 wrote:...where did they come from?
They may have been left there by the cholesterol fairy...
Haha! :lol:
Good one! I just might rewrite the story! :D
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Hey Cap,
I have some ideas about the mothers jiggle... i think the up/down movement is right when shes jumping but maybe rather than following on with more up down bounces you should try and jiggle the mass left and right? (after she lands i mean)... i imagine flab to have a fairly rigid up down bounce but more of a 'shockwave'

Also, i think the boobs should jiggle much more after landing, they would have more of a swing too... (not that i've watched much booby bouncing in slow motion... aherm... ANYWAY... :oops: )

Just a couple of thoughts, i think the characters are cool :) good luck with the project!
capricorn33

Post by capricorn33 »

thanks Funks (that's yoname isn't it? )

Yeah, I really should study bouncing boobs a little closer. I have to make some time for that. (Now that's why I love to be a student of the animation art) :)

You're probably right bout the sideways jiggling...! I think I'll have to do some fat wobbling exercises just to learn the principle of it, but apart from the half finished body rig. It just slows you down to try and implement all these kind of experiments directly among all those points and shapes already there...

So...

Coming up, soon; a study of a wobbling, jiggling blob of fat! :-)

i think the characters are cool good luck with the project!
Thanks a lot. And stay tuned. :wink:

cheers
cap
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

just found this: http://data2.blog.de/media/640/984640_1ac33c303b_m.gif
:lol:

i totally understand not getting too into the details while working on the bigger picture - this is one of my worst habbits, i will over work a tiny detail till its right and then realise ive not even started anythign around it... :roll:

Anyway theres nothing better than taking time out to study bouncing boobs - they are hypnotic :shock:

:wink:

And yes, Funk's maname.
DK

Post by DK »

=D

D.K
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

That's some clip from "Werner - Beinhart!" (Germany 1990), out of a dream sequence with this beautiful girl. It was animated by my animation teacher Tahsin Özgür, and originally the girl was completely naked. A wonderful sequence!

Well, the producers feared to loose their "allowed for 12yrs" rating and decided that she must get clothed. So we assistants had the job of drawing Bikinis on this wonderful perfect piece of animation ... blasphemy. You'll notice immediately that her boobs move like being naked, not like being in a Bikini.

There's a lot of sequences here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... rt&search=. Ah, memories ... it was my first job in a professional animation studio.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

you dont happen to have the original do you? *drool* :lol:
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Of course I have. On VHS.