Erasing PNG images in anime studio

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

chumamania

Erasing PNG images in anime studio

Post by chumamania »

I have all these different parts that i want to be erased in my animation when the character puts his hand over them. But i have no idea how to do this. I thought the scale layer tool would work if i just kept repostioning the pieces but no luck. Anime should have an earser or something for imported images. Tell me what you would do lol if anyone even understands what the hell im talking about . Thanks
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

When using pictures, try to enter them in separate imports. Head, body arms hands etc. Put them in the trash can and delete them or you can change the source by clicking on the layer settings (three dots) and the last tab. (image)

Dale
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

If you want an object to "vanish" or be hidden when something passes over it you just need to have a separate layer for that one part and put it underneath the layer that will cover it. Then you can use visibilty in the layer properties to turn it off.

You could also try to use masking. Draw a mask shape around the object to hide it.

Keep in mind that AS has absolutely no painting tools. It doesn't do image editing of that kind.

-vern