Has anybody sold his Anime Studio Pro License yet?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

marcotronic

Has anybody sold his Anime Studio Pro License yet?

Post by marcotronic »

Hello everybody,

has anybody sold his AS Pro License yet? Does anybody know if this is allowed (according to German law it is generally allowed to sell one´s software) or has anyody heard of anybody selling his/her license? (I have already registered it, though)

I have decided to concentrate on 3D animation and would like to sell my copy of AS Pro. Somebody is already interested in buying it...

I have already opened a support ticket at e-frontiert with my question but I guess and fear this will take quite a time until they answer...

Thanks in advance
Marco
cribble

Post by cribble »

Erm, i think you can sell a license if the softwares license hasn't already been used.

Say i brought AS, used the license and then sold it, i don't think thats allowed.

And "his" license... i'm sure there's female users out there also...
--Scott
cribble.net
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

Awww, you might need it later, for doing who knows, an animatic, a storyboard who knows? I can understand the need for cash flow also.
Hey Scott hows it going with the music scene?
You'll know when you get there! My Dad
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I have bought "used" software in the past and had the license transferred. It was Adobe products. We both had to sign documents and mail or fax them to Adobe to verify the serial number and the sale of the product.

There is no "law" about reselling software. I think it depends on the company selling the software and the license agreement... all that legal mumbo jumbo no one reads when they click "install". You can transfer ownership of anything.

To be honest the cost of AS is what would be the driving factor for me. When I had the license transferred for the Adobe products I was saving a truck load of money for all the hassle. I think the poor guy who sold it to me had second thoughts when I kept hounding him to fill out the form from Adobe and mail it in though... I'm a stickler for legal software.

Is it worth all that trouble to save what... $50? $20?

When I purchased my used software I was saving hundreds of dollars... so all the paper work was justified to me. That was many years ago. I paid $99 for a copy of Photoshop 4.0 (I still have the floppies!) and have been upgrading ever since.

-vern
marcotronic

Post by marcotronic »

heyvern wrote:There is no "law" about reselling software. I think it depends on the company selling the software and the license agreement... all that legal mumbo jumbo no one reads when they click "install". You can transfer ownership of anything.
Well, in Germany there definitely is a law about reselling software. If you can read/speak a bit German, you may read through this:
http://www.usedsoft.com/unternehmen/rechtslage.html

It seems that I (as a German) may resell ANY software I bought regardless of the license agreements of that specific software I bought.

But nevertheless - I got an answer from e-frontier - and they say it´s no problem to sell the software and I just have to fill out a special transfer of ownership document.

So everything will work fine (but I don´t have a final statement if the interested person will definitely buy it. If not - I just keep my license, I guess...)

Thanks,
Marco
marcotronic

Post by marcotronic »

ingie01 wrote:Awww, you might need it later, for doing who knows, an animatic, a storyboard who knows? I can understand the need for cash flow also.
Yes, you are right, but I still have Adobe After Effects for things like that (which is a bit more flexible...) ;-)

Marco