Beginner Seeking Help On Deciding Between Debut or Pro

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

barryem

Post by barryem »

In my previous post I forgot to say that I'm using AS on a newer low-power laptop with a 1.3 ghz core CPU and also on a netbook which has considerably less power than your computer and almost no graphics assistance.

It works fine on both of them for the simple stuff I do. With one exception I can't really tell any difference in performance, and that exception is that the netbook has a 1024x600 screen and has to be put into an artificial 1024x768 mode, which AS requires. That makes it slightly clumsy to use on the netbook but not enough to really be much of a problem.

I used to use it on a considerably faster and heftier notebook than these and I really can't see any difference in the performance on any of them.

By the way, that lack of difference is not only in my own projects but in the more complex ones I download with tutorials. They seem to all run fine on just about everything. AS just doesn't seem to be a very demanding program.

Barry
bry72

Post by bry72 »

Hi barryem,

My intent was to go with Debut and now that I know there is a work around for the one audio file issue, I am still going to purchase debut. Believe me, my animation is going to be VERY simple. :lol:

Good to know that at least Anime Studio is stable in Windows, even on a netbook.

I'm going to use Audacity for audio and I'm going to either use Windows Movie Maker, an alternate open source Windows based editor or a Linux editor (transferring all my Anime Studio and audio files into Ubuntu). I'm not going to bother spending money on a commercial Windows based video editor that crashes on newer computers. Not when I have a 5 year old computer.