Apply 2nd Action to Group Layer?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mixedup

Apply 2nd Action to Group Layer?

Post by mixedup »

Background:
* I have two vector layers within one group layer.
* Have created 2 actions at the group layer (well at least the group layer was selected when I created them)
* I moved the objects in each layer for each of the two actions - in fact in one action my goal was not to have one layer object visible so I moved it off canvas
* The animations separately work
* I can select the GROUP layer and then insert as reference an action

Question - When I go to add the 2nd action after the 1st one, I don't see the 1st action on the GROUP layer. If I click on the vector layers I can see the first action. I have an issue trying to automatically add the 2nd action to the end of the 1st action, in a manner that it aligns itself properly. The question is I guess, what is the correct method to add actions one after the other, in the case the actions are animated multiple vector layers within a group?

Link to test project file: http://www.qfpost.com/file/d?g=fZ3CsVjT5
mixedup

Re: Apply 2nd Action to Group Layer?

Post by mixedup »

Have it working now. Noted you have to align the cursor on the starting frame. I was looking at a layer in the first action that only had a key-frame at the start and not throughout the duration of action 1 & got confused. Was expected the horizontal coloured bar...