The Cartoon Making Process with Moho

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

chris_

The Cartoon Making Process with Moho

Post by chris_ »

Hi, I'm very new to Moho but i'm very eager to learn. I've went through the tutorials, but some things are still fuzzy.

here is my character using the Clinton.mp3
www.ascendapparel.com/clinton.mov

Let's say I wanted him to walk or to turn around... what if I wanted a new scene...

Do I need to make a new .moho file? Do i need to make a backview of my character and somehow use a switch when I want to turn him in different directions?

Sorry if these are newbie questions, but i'm in fact.. a newbie :)

Thanks for your patience,

Chris
myles

Re: The Cartoon Making Process with Moho

Post by myles »

Hello Chris,
chris_ wrote:Let's say I wanted him to walk or to turn around... what if I wanted a new scene...

Do I need to make a new .moho file? Do i need to make a backview of my character and somehow use a switch when I want to turn him in different directions?
I haven't actually seen your example yet, so I'm guessing a little.
Yes, to make your character turn around you'll need to make a back view of your character, or possibly more than one partially turned views.

Whether you do it as a separate .moho file or layer/layers in a switch group will depend on the animation.

To see your character turn, you'll need the switch setup - this may be as simple as a second different views, or possibly several partly turned views, depending on the speed and complexity of the animation. I was surprised recently on stepping through a cartoon to see how many turns were just a single jump between 2 different character views, rather than multiple partially-turned character views.

If, like many animations, you do a camera change at the same time, you can create a new .moho file instead showing your character in a different view, and animate each camera shot/scene in a separate .moho file (you can import and re-use your character if the camera angle is similar in any two scenes), then stitch all the scenes together in a video editor.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
chris_

Post by chris_ »

Ah, so that helps me get a better grasp of the scope of things. I was looking for tools for new scenes, etc.

Luckily this makes sense. Thanks!
Evil Sock Pupet

Post by Evil Sock Pupet »

Ok to make charectors walk you need to give them bones to move their legs. And you group all the layers and bones of your charector together so they all move together at once (grouping is in layers) and then you put your charector at the starting postion of where you want them to walk from. then go to tool and from their go to a palce called layers on the tool bar and select 'translate layer 1' and once you have clikced on the layer that groups together all the other layers you can use the 'translate layer 1' tool to move him or her along.

you go to the time line and move across the curser so he moves at a curtain speed how fast you want your charector to go is completly up to you.

now how you turn them around is this..............well this is how I make them turn anyway. you gotta press on 'set origin' in the tool bar to guid where they turn then you go to 'flip horizontilly' and flip to to make it turn.

Hope I explained it clear enough for you :)