Memory crash.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sargumphigaus

Memory crash.

Post by sargumphigaus »

So am I the only one who reaches a memory barrier with this program constantly? Like, if you put a certain level of detail into an animation, it basically crashes on you because it can't handle it? I've been having this problem for a long time now, and it's driving me insane.
sargumphigaus

Re: Memory crash.

Post by sargumphigaus »

no seriously, all i'm doing is changing the layer order, and it crashes. I don't know what to do anymore. This is a brick wall to progress. if anyone knows if this even IS a memory related issue, or whatever it is, I would be eternally grateful if you could tell me how to prevent this from happening.

edit: On second thought, screw it. I'm just going to video layer it into existence. Last time I tried this, the software distorted everything. but evidently, this is the only way.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

is the problem your computer? could you share the file to see if moving the layer crashes the app elsewhere?
It may be a bug - in which case steps to reproduce it need to be established so it can be reported.
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

funksmaname wrote:is the problem your computer? could you share the file to see if moving the layer crashes the app elsewhere?
It may be a bug - in which case steps to reproduce it need to be established so it can be reported.
wouldn't know the first thing about how to share a file. Either way, it looks like 11 took care of the issue of render distortion when it comes to combining layers with videos. So I think that this will have to be my solution. worse comes to worse, I can hide the distortion with a film grain effect.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

This is all strange to me, as I've had no worse experiences with AS than the occasional crash when I try to render a scene - no data loss ever. I just restart AS, open the scene, and it renders. But my animation is heavy on the image and video side, not in vectors, and I'm not using dynamics or physics or smart bones (yet).
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Same here. I can pick on a number of things in ASP but its memory handling hasn't been one of them. In fact, I've been surprised to be able animate certain data and rigs with it that would make After Effects cry.

Are you running the x64 version? If not, Anime Studio might not be using all of your available RAM. (My understanding is that the x32 software will only use up to 4 GB in an x64 OS.)

G.
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

Oh it's 64 bit. Memory is a funny thing in this program. I can push it to levels of absurdity, but when it comes to shifting data orders, well forget it. Everything is out the window. Meanwhile, I can overload it in all other departments, just not in that particular department. In that department, layer arrangement just melts the software. I guess it is handling a lot of data and just overloads. Regardless, here's the trick.

render the layers seperately and then import the video with the file tab, and just layer over the video. Problem is completely solved, AND you can go above and beyond what you thought was originally possible. Just keep a sharp eye on the quality of the rendered videos as you progress.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Okay, I see what you mean.

I'm always rendering with Comp Layers for compositing so I guess I'm kinda doing the same thing anyway. :P

G.
lukejeans

Post by lukejeans »

how much RAM does your computer have?