import AVI ??

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

snowflake

import AVI ??

Post by snowflake »

hi,

besides from importing images into image layers, it would be nice if
moho could import avi into an avi layer.

then it would be possible to use software like dogwaffle and terragen to do nice background/atmosphere animation and incorporate into moho :D
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

You already can. When creating an image layer, just select an AVI or QuickTime movie instead of a still image. If the movie has an alpha channel, Moho can use that as well to composite the movie in with other elements.
snowflake

Post by snowflake »

thnks, can't believe i missed that one :)
moho Rocks!!
Agent

Post by Agent »

i have a little problem
i imported to my moho project a mov video. I think it has alpha channel but im not sure, mosty cos when i render the animation i see the backround of the mov video. How can i determine if the video has alpha channel. huh:)
thanks
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Moho should detect the alpha channel and use it automatically. So, if you see a background, that probably means it doesn't have an alpha channel. Here's another way to check:

Open the movie in the QuickTime player.
Select "Show Movie Info" from the Window menu.
Look at the Format section of the movie info - if it says Millions of Colors+, then it has an alpha channel. Otherwise, it does not.

Even if it says Millions of Colors+, that's not the end of the story. The program that created the movie may have filled the alpha channel in completely opaque, so it may be useless.