please make keyframes bigger and easier to drag

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AHMED003ADALAT

please make keyframes bigger and easier to drag

Post by AHMED003ADALAT »

it's 13.5.3 and moho keyframes still so small to grab and drag, i always miss 3-4 times until i finally grabbed a keyframe to drag ( zoomed in or out ) it's super frustrating and hope you make timeline performance faster, easier to use and key frames more accessible so we animate faster and more efficient :roll:
Greenlaw

Re: please make keyframes bigger and easier to drag

Post by Greenlaw »

What's your display size and resolution? If the UI looks too small, you might try reducing the display resolution or increasing Windows Scaling. I believe you can adjust this latter setting per program through Program Properties>Compatibility>Change High DPI option.

FWIW, I have my 17-inch laptop set to 1920 x 1080 with Windows Scaling set to 100%, even though the laptop display is capable of considerably higher. At this setting, Moho's UI size is ideal for me. (As is the UI for most other programs I run on this laptop.)
AHMED003ADALAT

Post by AHMED003ADALAT »

thanks for quick reply. nah ui is good only keys are headache when trying to drag them while zoomed out a bit in timeline :?

my screen is 24 inc and all good

moho screen and small keys
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Try undocking and closing the Keyframe window. That will free up more space for the timeline so you might not need to zoom out as far. I keep the Keyframe window closed most of the time, and really only open it when I'm setting a Cycle key (in which case, the window opens automatically. When I'm done, I close it again to reduce screen clutter.)

FWIW, I don't think I've ever had to show over 500 frames at once...at that size, yeah, the keys are pretty small and not easily selectable. Normally, I view about 100-200 frames in the timeline, which keeps the key size reasonably selectable and editable. Also, instead of zooming, I just pan the timeline using RMB...much better than zooming, IMO.

Hope this helps.
AHMED003ADALAT

Post by AHMED003ADALAT »

thanks for the tips buddy, you have been great help in the forum so far..... yeah i don't zoom out that much, i only do when i change the timing of part of the scene, the idea of keys become small when zoom out bit annoying especially grabbing them to drag becomes hard after many tryouts, it'd be great if key become more visible and easy to catch and drag without troublesome
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

My Suggestion to moho developers team is try to add more option for customizing moho . for example keyframe size bone size colors , ...
خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Customization is always good but in this case I think that, as Greenlaw pointed out, it's more about zoom than anything else. Because I think there is no space available to make the keyframes bigger when you are trying to display 300 frames at the same time. They only look like they could be bigger in your image because you don't have a keyframe on each frame, so they are spaced out.

Yeah actually at that level of zoom in, keyframes on each frame look like this:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiyKCw6Xey5Tgb5J2Hp ... A?e=aKdxTD