Puffin Rock

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

SuperSGL

Puffin Rock

Post by SuperSGL »

Just read this article called "Why Kids’ Shows Like ‘Cocomelon’ Hamper Critical Brain Development"
https://www.forbes.com/sites/traversmar ... e02c6e536b
Later in the article it mentioned some that were worth a watch "many alternative kids’ shows that offer a safe, soothing and even more enriching viewing experience for young audiences."

"Puffin Rock offers a tranquil and visually relaxing viewing experience for young children, with its lush animation and soothing narration. Through gentle storytelling and educational themes, Puffin Rock introduces children to concepts such as friendship, curiosity, and environmental stewardship in a way that is both engaging and enriching. With its emphasis on nature, exploration and empathy, Puffin Rock is a welcome addition to any child’s viewing lineup."

Great job guy's!
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
lucasfranca

Re: Puffin Rock

Post by lucasfranca »

SuperSGL wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:32 am Just read this article called "Why Kids’ Shows Like ‘Cocomelon’ Hamper Critical Brain Development"
https://www.forbes.com/sites/traversmar ... e02c6e536b
Later in the article it mentioned some that were worth a watch "many alternative kids’ shows that offer a safe, soothing and even more enriching viewing experience for young audiences."

"Puffin Rock offers a tranquil and visually relaxing viewing experience for young children, with its lush animation and soothing narration. Through gentle storytelling and educational themes, Puffin Rock introduces children to concepts such as friendship, curiosity, and environmental stewardship in a way that is both engaging and enriching. With its emphasis on nature, exploration and empathy, Puffin Rock is a welcome addition to any child’s viewing lineup."

Great job guy's!
The link does not lead to the article.
An old guy [since 1983] who was raised in front of the TV.
Passionate about animation, after getting old, he decides to make it his hobby.

I share tutorials, reviews, tips and tricks from this vast world of animation on my channel.

https://youtube.com/animai2D
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
NanotechBeasts

Post by NanotechBeasts »

My earliest kid show was Thomas The Tank Engine while my sister's was Barney the Dinosaur neither one of us were too big on Sesame Street which was faster paced for the time. And I do believe that these faster paced shows are damaging. As an teen/adult who rewatched some kid shows with my cousin or when around other young kids, I can say I had expected to be bored by Thomas but it truly was a high quality show that helped with my development to this day of wanting to be responsible and do the right thing. All I can say is if I had kids I would only let them watch slow paced moral story based entertainment like Thomas and things that help them develop their concentration/listening/emotional skills like Blues Clues, and Captain Kangaroo No Barney, no Sesame Street, Mickey Mouse house, nother ADHD, not that show with the orange kid, and I wouldn't want them on a tablet/phone until they were 7 or older. Faster paced/crazier shows can have there place for child development. My parents had us watch Pee-wee's playhouse to respond to bullying in a care free silly way of 'I know you are but what are you!". My mom said years later she didn't want us to be cry babies who let people walk on us but she wasn't looking for us to be mean. We didn't have Bugs Bunny or Tom and Jerry.

Still even if I don't agree with the harmful kid shows I personally have no issue with those creating them. If not then someone else will. This is sadly were society is and possibly it's end.

I am still hopeful that parents will start to make the right choice and move towards higher quality shows.