searching for character rigger for 2 characters for marketing videos

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

lupinedctx

searching for character rigger for 2 characters for marketing videos

Post by lupinedctx »

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum and the software, but love the possibilities! I need help rigging up two 2D wolflike characters for animation for some marketing videos for my architecture business. This is a paid gig, so as long as it's reasonable pricing, I'm open to working with anyone. All I have is an initial concept, so they would need to be adapted to the Moho software and rigged up for animation. Nothing too extreme, they'll just be marketing and instructional videos. I'm pretty good at learning new software, but I don't have time right now to bring them into the software and rig them up. Once they're rigged, I can take it from there, though.
NanotechBeasts

Re: searching for character rigger for 2 characters for marketing videos

Post by NanotechBeasts »

I have a wolf side rig I have been working on. You could change the character design and use the rig if that is helpful to you just as long as it's design is different than mine. I'll reupload the file if it is useful to you. I am too much of a noob still and kind of busy to really help completely rig a new character but I know the rigs others have given for use and content rigs have been useful to me. I still use hayadist's eye iris method to this day. Sometimes you can change out parts and looks. I know I already reused parts of this rig for a robo dog. Someone else could do this too for the paid job. I am just contributing back to the community.

https://youtu.be/ErvuMHPFBdE?si=_Pbx63SPTzZJRxyc.

https://youtu.be/tywKldJXZnI

Anyway, I am not done with my walk cycle. or head turn sorry I had no time to work on it until this upcoming week but want to learn to do it by myself with minimal help since its more about learning techniques this summer and seeing how good or bad I am at things.

https://youtu.be/kMYMITdMbk8

This front view is not rigged but could be helpful if you have a more humanlike character. The wolf/jackal is all vectors. If you show your character designs that would be helpful.
NanotechBeasts

Post by NanotechBeasts »

I found your character designs on your Facebook. They are cute. You will probably need someone who knows how to use meshes and work with photoshop files. I haven't worked with meshes yet. Their bodies are very human like and that should make it easier for the rigger. Looks like a fun project for someone. : )
happycrazywild

Post by happycrazywild »

Hi lupinedctx,
I'd love to talk more about this project with you! It sounds like we're a great fit.
I enjoy creating organized, animator-friendly rigs that are simple to use, while allowing for expressive, friendly, and emotive characters.
My latest project involved designing, rigging, and animating characters in Moho for a short cartoon promo to promote a local business.
You can take a look that project on my website: https://happycrazywild.com/portfolio/ge ... y-bridges/

Plus, I love working with cartoon animal characters! Funnily enough, my first job involved bringing my university's wolf mascot to life in animated form, to help students get excited about campus programs.

If you're interested in working together, please feel free to send me a private message. (Use the contact button on my post.) You can also find my email on my website if you'd prefer.
Have a great weekend!
Landon X. Jenkins
---------
Artist, Designer, & 2D Animator - happycrazywild.com