MOHO gets slow then it gets restarted

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

riledguy

MOHO gets slow then it gets restarted

Post by riledguy »

Has anyone else noticed this?

I will be working in MOHO I leave it going working on my project througout the day and evening over time it starts to chug more and everying is taking longer or has a bit of a delay. If I use the freehand tool it draws strighter lines and there will be a noticeable delay between the time I touch the button and when the line gets laid down. Zoom ins and pans all get shoppy and slow etc etc.

At first I thought it was because I was running too many apps but then I tried quitting out of MOHO and loading it back up and it would start working again back to speed. So I find that I need to restart the program every 8 or so hours to get to to run efficiently.

I can't tell if this has a bearing on the renderer. I would think it does not but it may also hinder my rendering times if I do them while it is in "slow mode."

I have a gig of ram so I would think that plenty.

Is there a solution to this or a reason for it?
"Boss demon tells me
Oh how he would like to kill me
Wait a minute tough guy
My disease does that for free" - Clutch
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Are you running under windows?
riledguy

Post by riledguy »

I am using a Mac with OSX Panther 10.3.8
"Boss demon tells me
Wait a minute tough guy
mixelmagic

Post by mixelmagic »

I have the same thing on a dual G5 running osX, but it doesn't take 8 hrs to get upto 90+% cpu usage, it does it much quicker than that here. I've seen a couple more osX users mention it here too..

I hope LM can work out why it happens, to begin with it runs incredibly smoothly, which wets the appetite, but then it starts slowing dooown.. Just from using the modeling tools.
riledguy

Post by riledguy »

mixelmagic wrote:I have the same thing on a dual G5 running osX, but it doesn't take 8 hrs to get upto 90+% cpu usage, it does it much quicker than that here. I've seen a couple more osX users mention it here too..

I hope LM can work out why it happens, to begin with it runs incredibly smoothly, which wets the appetite, but then it starts slowing dooown.. Just from using the modeling tools.
Glad to know I am not the only one. I say 8 hours but that is not of constant use. I am guessing if you are using it for many hours in a row it would slow down faster. I tend to work then work on some other stuff and come back.

I am jealous of your speed. Must be nice on a G5. I am guessing that they don't have the renderer programed to utilize the dual processors but that would really be a huge bonus. Cut the time close to half.

Guess they have some kind of memory leak hog thing going. Hopefully this does get addressed. The program is amazing though and even with this hinderance I still think it is the bees knees.
"Boss demon tells me
Wait a minute tough guy