3000 frame limit

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

TwoUp

3000 frame limit

Post by TwoUp »

It says Anime Studio movie 3000 frames maximum.
Does that count to swf files?
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Yes, the timeline in AS is limited to 3000 frames.

No limit in AS Pro.
TwoUp

Post by TwoUp »

So if I make, like 3001 frames, the last one will be left, right?
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

That is correct.
TwoUp

Post by TwoUp »

Agh, that sucks, I though I was finally gonna be able to make a real animation withouth paying 699 for flash. :(
DK

Post by DK »

Genete

Post by Genete »

Mmm...
I don't have AS (have AS PRO) but, does it mean that you can have a timeline longer than 3000 frames but your running lenght would be only the first 3000?
or does it mean that you can shift the playing section from let's say 3000 to 6000 and it still working?

If the second option is the current one you can really make movies longer than 3000 frames!!! just exprot it in several 3000 frames sections!!!

-G
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Hollywood, around 1925. Directors were sitting around in a discussion.
"Well, I really really like to make a longer film, you know, not a one-reeler."
"Yeah."
"Something bigger than just those mere 10 minutes of film which fit in a camera at once."
"Yeah."
"But I think I have to wait until they invent a camera that holds a full 150 minutes of film in one roll."
"I hear you, brother."
And so Ben Hur was never made, because film cameras all in the world never held more than 10 minutes of film in one roll.
montblankdesign

3000 frames

Post by montblankdesign »

Does anyone have an idea for me on how to get everything I want to say on one Post -It? Just kidding. Editing is the key to all great creative endeavors.
You will thank yourself for learning how to break things up into smaller projects. I couldn't say anything about flash. Don't use it if I can avoid it.
I do cartoons and make music. I like to make music because John K is not likely to tell me I am doing it wrong.
squarebox

Post by squarebox »

so i know the whole 3000 frames limit is an AS limit, and not a ASP limit... but i like having each scene in sections and then to compile them together later... this makes it easier on me so i have all the scenes separated... i was wondering if anyone knew of a good program to stitch .mov files on a mac
i've tried adobe premire before, but it just seemed a bit to confusing for me... any suggestions?

::sry i feel stupid now... i forgot that iMovie came pre-installed... that should be good enough for me::
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

QT pro works great for that. It is $30.

-vern
Hero-Jaxx

Post by Hero-Jaxx »

I'm probably a n00b but I usually export my movies clip by clip and use movie maker to tie them into a full length show or movie then usually there is a site that converts videos into SWF files for web compatability... but I forgot the link to it because I started creating DVDs with the animation I made lol
just tryin to be a better animator then the primative stuff I have now
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

SWF videos (like Youtube) are videos... they aren't vector "SWF" in the same way that AS exports to SWF. They are "raster". the only part of the video like this that has anything to do with "Flash" or SWF is the "container" or "wrapper" that holds the video content. Those sites just reformat and change the compression codec of desktop raster video to match whatever playback requirements they need.

Those sites aren't really "converting to SWF" they are repackaging the video content to play "inside" an SWF player.

Just an FYI.

-vern