Audio Files

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ngh903

Audio Files

Post by ngh903 »

I can't import music files into my project. When I go to import a soundtrack, no audio files show up. I have AS Pro 5, if that helps any.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

What format is the audio? It must be WAV format.

-vern
Darramouss

Post by Darramouss »

Not only that but I've found that the sound doesn't render out properly unless it's 44k, 16 bit WAV.
Sheer will is my greatest talent - Sledge Hammer!
ngh903

File type

Post by ngh903 »

They're all .wma. I can't get my audio recordings into .wav from .wma. As stupid as it sounds how do you change them?
tonym

Re: File type

Post by tonym »

ngh903 wrote:They're all .wma. I can't get my audio recordings into .wav from .wma. As stupid as it sounds how do you change them?
"Audacity" is a handy, free program that many folks use for editing sound.

Download Audacity, open your .WMA file and see if you can "export" it as a .WAV file.

Good luck. Evidently the .WMA format is not a piece-of-cake to convert.
ngh903

Audacity

Post by ngh903 »

It just so happens that I can't import the .wma files into Audacity because of patent restrictions.
tonym

Re: Audacity

Post by tonym »

ngh903 wrote:It just so happens that I can't import the .wma files into Audacity because of patent restrictions.
I was afraid of that.

My google-fu is weak. You might have better luck googling for a solution than waiting for somebody here to help. Most Anime Studio users avoid difficult proprietary formats like .WMA, I think.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

WMA is a pretty "locked" format because MS owns it. They don't just anyone saving back and forth in that format with out paying for it.

A quick and cheap way to do it would be to hook up the sound from your computer to another computer or some kind of recording device into the computer do some sort of "analog" recording into an open format like wav or even mp3 so you could convert it.

I use to pipe the headphone jack of a tape player, or a computer into a second computer, then record that. It was of course analog which is not as good quality.

-vern
TheChewanater

Post by TheChewanater »

FFMPEG.

There are countles GUIs for it, so that's not really a problem. I use Audacity, which was mentioned. Download FFMPEG and, in the Audacity 1.3.7 preferences, you can choose to tell it where it's installed, and it'll let you import Windows Media.
ImageImage
ngh903

It's Fixed

Post by ngh903 »

So I decided to get some demos for audio converters to find the best. I'm now using Switch Sound File Converter, the demo because I'm too cheap to get the real version :D . Works great :D .