Interpolation

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

withoutaclue

Interpolation

Post by withoutaclue »

Is it possible to turn off interpolation in a switch layer during an animation. I have what I suppose you could call a cycle but using a switch layer. However at the end of a line I want it to go straight back to the beginning, but with interpolation you see te layer move across the screen. I dont want this. Does this make sense to anyone?
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Did you uncheck "interpolate sub-layers" in the switch tab of the switch layer settings?
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Just tried this out. Cool technique!
withoutaclue

Post by withoutaclue »

| cant uncheck interpolate sub layers because I want that on for some of the animation. I've checked the animate layer hopeing that might work but it doesnt. Ive managed to do it a bit by changing opacity but its getting a bit complicated. I think I may have been better off just doing a layer animation!
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

There's two ways I can think.

On the last keyframe you put in the timeline on the switch layer before it goes back to the first part of the cycle, right click on that and set it to STEP. That way, step means it does NO interpolation until the timeline hits the next keyframe.

OR, just put another keyframe of the point/drawing you want it to hold on before going straight into the beginning again. So on the frame before the keyframe where the cycle starts again, put a keyframe of the last point. That way there's no room to interpolate - there are no possible frames to put the interpolation. Because you have it interpolating in zero frames space if that makes sense.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Okay, when I first saw this post, I thought that selecting the keyframe and assigning stepped interpolation would work, but it still interpolated.

However I was able to check and uncheck the "interpolate sublayers" for different points in the timeline.... ...I think? It seemed to work for me. But then again, I still run the original AS7 which had the switch layer bug. So that may be giving me deceptive results?