Tablet PC for Animation

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

capricorn33

Post by capricorn33 »

chucky wrote:Tablets are really great, don't by an hp like I did though, it was great for a while had all the bells and whistles, even a remote but it died, pretty much on the day the warranty ran out. /....

Well, my warranty hasn't run out on my laptop tablet yet, but so far my HP pavillion 2690eo serves me extremely well... :-) Works very, very fine for me.

(It was a little tricky to install the right wacom drivers, though... just a little warning for anyone thinking of buying this model.)
capricorn ( - just call me "cap")
children's tv pro, character animator
madrobot

Post by madrobot »

capricorn33 wrote:
chucky wrote:so far my HP pavillion 2690eo serves me extremely well... :-) Works very, very fine for me.

(It was a little tricky to install the right wacom drivers, though... just a little warning for anyone thinking of buying this model.)
I had similar headaches finding wacom drivers for my Fujitsu Lifebook, seems to be a common theme. I went to wacom site but it wasn't on the surface, had to dig into wierd spot to find the right one.
spoooze!

Post by spoooze! »

I have this thing called the Modbook which works amazingly well. It's like a mini Cintique and it works better then any "tablet PC" I've ever worked with:

Image[/img]
madrobot

Post by madrobot »

Whoah, you have a modbook? That would be awesome. A macbook pro modded to modbook, whooooeeeee

Im jealous
I do want the Asus slate though
vidi

Post by vidi »

I use AS at home with my cintiq and mobile with my new asus slate tablet . I'm very happy with both. The slate is feeling similar as my cintiq ,but without tangle of wires and I'm so flexible and all my favorite applications are included:D