It's here!! Anime Studio 6 is available :)

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 »

im sorry but you guys are going a bit too far.

RonC
Anime Studio, Xara Xtreme 4, Magix Movie Edit Pro 11, Papagayo, Ableton Live 8, Artrage Deluxe
tonym

Post by tonym »

synthsin75 wrote:Just try to manage to let some things slide.
The troll complains that the nice guy responds to troll-bait. Sheesh.

This forum used to be so nice, but recently so many jerks are posting on it, and posting over and over, the whole tone of the forum has been polluted.

Can a moderator start probating people for a month? Vern? Can you clean house? This place is starting to decompose. When I'm looking for an answer in a thread to a quesion I have about v6, I have to read post after post of whining and rudeness, and it's happening in so many threads...bleccccchhh.

Probate probate probate!
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

How about changing the subject all together!
I upgraded straight away and I am very happy with it! Even though i own and use several other Animation products, i love AS!
Thanks for version 6 Mike, SM and all who helped to get it out (eg, vern, Dk and other testers / content providers)!
realsnake

Post by realsnake »

tonym wrote: This forum used to be so nice, but recently so many jerks are posting on it, and posting over and over, the whole tone of the forum has been polluted.

Can a moderator start probating people for a month? Vern? Can you clean house? This place is starting to decompose. When I'm looking for an answer in a thread to a quesion I have about v6, I have to read post after post of whining and rudeness, and it's happening in so many threads...
Its been a while i have seen a reasonable post on forum :roll:
Visit: My blog
chrisw

what the heck

Post by chrisw »

i just layed out 199$ for as5pro two months ago now i got pay 129 for the upgrade but what bothers me is non pro can upgrade to pro for the same price whats up with that... now that said its tottle worth the price i just wish i didnt just pay 199 tho for 5 pro im going to give them a buzz and see if i can get it cheaper due to this fact, will see if anyones got any pull let me know

thanks
Vilma

Post by Vilma »

Gosh! After reading through these latest threads about AS6 I felt for a moment that I had stumbled on the Finnish Fine Art -forum.

I went through the new features this morning when I recieved an email from SmithMicro. I was just glad a new version was available and after seeing what's new I thought I'd go and see this forum to see what others think about it. And just complaints after complaints everywhere.

Every new software has bugs - every single one - even the most expensive ones. So why such a fuss??? I got the feeling people think that the new version is good for nothing! I can't believe how rude some people on THIS forum turned out to be!
And as for the price - I really think upgrade for $129 is totally reasonable. A company is supposed to get compensation for their investments and for products they sell. They pay for the development, wages, rents, taxes etc.etc. And they should give out stuff almost for free???
It goes like this: they set the price and we have the freedom of choice wether we buy the product or not. Get over it, people!

One can only be dissappointed in one's expectations. If you set them too high - no result will ever satisfy them.

Sorry for outburst but I really meant every word.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Vilma, I agree with you totally. The price is not a lot to pay for such a major advancement of the software. I think Mike's a genius and deserves compensation for his work. I'd pay this much every year if it meant AS improving at the same rate.
I had some problems downloading from CP last night but after 3 attempts it worked and after playing with the software for 10 minutes all I can say is Wow! :D
wolldo

Re: what the heck

Post by wolldo »

chrisw wrote:i just layed out 199$ for as5pro two months ago now i got pay 129 for the upgrade but what bothers me is non pro can upgrade to pro for the same price whats up with that... now that said its tottle worth the price i just wish i didnt just pay 199 tho for 5 pro im going to give them a buzz and see if i can get it cheaper due to this fact, will see if anyones got any pull let me know

thanks
i agree, just emailed them asking about it ;) i did the exact same thing, matey. its ridulous that normal AS users get it for same price as us pro users, but i really do agree with vilma.
InfoCentral

Re: what the heck

Post by InfoCentral »

wolldo wrote: its ridulous that normal AS users get it for same price as us pro users, but i really do agree with vilma.
See, another person who doesn't get it. Its not that Debut uses are given the same upgrade price as Pro users. Its that Pro users are given the Debut upgrade price and that is disturbing.
Kitsune Kowai

Rip-off indeed! Re: what the heck

Post by Kitsune Kowai »

WHAT!!
I paid over $220 for AS-pro5 about 10 months ago and now I should pay $129 for a small upgrade (and argument whatever you want: it's NOT a major upgrade or not what any other serious developer would call major, no mater how exited the software-fetishists -as usual- are) to a version I could have for $169 if I got it new?
And for what? A so-called more up-to-date interface, some more ugly library content and some other stuff for the kids to play with and oh!, wow, now I can upload directly to Youtube (edditing? what's that?) to see my image-quality ripped apart even faster! Drawing tools are still virtually non-existing; but lip-syncing now is integrated, well that's really going to save a lot of importing. And don't forget! now we can pan the sound from left to right and back again; what a marvellous innovation..
You guys must be presuming the $-leaves are growing out of my back, but if there were, I would have bought Toon-Boom in the first place, you know...
Think I'll leave my money in the bank some longer, saving for my next PC now, if you don't mind.

chrisw wrote:i just layed out 199$ for as5pro two months ago now i got pay 129 for the upgrade but what bothers me is non pro can upgrade to pro for the same price whats up with that... now that said its tottle worth the price i just wish i didnt just pay 199 tho for 5 pro im going to give them a buzz and see if i can get it cheaper due to this fact, will see if anyones got any pull let me know

thanks
Last edited by Kitsune Kowai on Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vilma

Post by Vilma »

I still don't think it's unfair - even if standard AS users get it for same price than pro users. It's obvious that SM will benefit far more if there are more people using the pro version that has better features. I really think it's a great thing - more pro users is just what this community needs!

Giving out the upgrade from standard to pro version they get more devoted users and a growing customer base. And that's what everyone is after here too!
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Vilma wrote:I still don't think it's unfair - even if standard AS users get it for same price than pro users.
Yet another person who has it backwards. Its not that standard (Debut) users get the same upgrade price as Pro users. Its that Pro users are offered the standard (Debut) users upgrade price. The funny thing is that there are quite a few Pro users who have already paid the Debut (standard) upgrade price and openly profess what a great deal they feel they got.
Vilma

Post by Vilma »

I really don't understand your point. I don't see why SM should give exclusive discount to those who have a long time ago bought standard version then upgraded to pro and now have to buy the new version. Is this what you're after? If not - I really - really don't understand your point. No-one forces you buy anything - and if I've understood from reading the topics there was Mike's message here:

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Genete wrote:
What is really inrcredible is that AS 5 (standard and PRO) still being announced to be sold at the official SM website. Poor people who buy the PRO one and found that it is already obsolete!.
-G

Unfortunately, that's the way it works for any product. You can buy a computer or MP3 player one day and find out that a new version was released the next. Even Levi might upgrade their jeans the day after you bought yours. Any company that says, "hold on, don't buy our product because there's a new, better one coming in a couple months" is not going to be around long.

That said, in the software business it's common to offer a free upgrade to people who recently bought the previous version. We'll be doing that with Anime Studio Pro too. So anyone who bought the product just as version 6 is coming out will be able to upgrade for free.

-Mike
Kitsune Kowai

Post by Kitsune Kowai »

While Vilma is willing to pay $129 for her/his growing customer base and things the "community" needs, I would care more for things like being able to make reels longer than a few 1000 frames at a time, decent drawing tools, faster rendering-times or better semi-3D tools; that would be worth to me maybe $60 or $80 or so, maybe.. but charging more than 70% of the price of new software for a minor upgrade is ridiculous.
With an Adobe product an upgrade will cost you about 25-30% of the new price, with ToonboomStudio ($399) an upgrade from V4 to V5 will cost you $99 , and Autodesk (maya and muddbox) has announced; "After March 15, 2010, your upgrade from any of the three previous software releases will cost 50 percent of the price of a new license, no matter which release you own."
I think Vilma's community would be better of with some more common economic sense instead of some more users.
Vilma wrote:I still don't think it's unfair - even if standard AS users get it for same price than pro users. It's obvious that SM will benefit far more if there are more people using the pro version that has better features. I really think it's a great thing - more pro users is just what this community needs!

Giving out the upgrade from standard to pro version they get more devoted users and a growing customer base. And that's what everyone is after here too!
Y2Jussi

Post by Y2Jussi »

How long does it take to get the serial number for ASP6? I bought ASP6 upgrade yesterday from www.smithmicro.com and they e-mailed me this message:
"Since this is a new version of the product the serial numbers will be issued to you very soon. In the meantime please use the demo mode feature. It is good for 30 days. The serial numbers will be assigned to you in the next couple of hours."
Over 24 hours have passed already. I thought the serial would be almost instantly generated.