What do you think of these characters? (WIP)

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

capricorn33

Post by capricorn33 »

A hint: just delete the extra keyframe automatically inserted before the walk cycle. /.../ I have commented that in one post in General Anime Studio Discussion forum. That automatic keyframe is sometimes very annoying.
-G

Ahhhh, I see... I haven't used actions much yet. I have always had problems getting them to work the way I want. This keyframe thing was new to me. Thanks, Genete.

The actions really are not very intuitive a tool, are they?

(I hope LM changes that into something more userfriendly with the next larger update)
capricorn ( - just call me "cap")
children's tv pro, character animator
Genete

Post by Genete »

Oh! I nearly forgot it!
You can modify the .Rx (scale) and .Ry (scale and angle) bones at frame 0 to tweak the 3D rigged nose to your desired mummy's nose shape / size. It is also something you can do at any frame and it will produce an animated morph of the nose but in 3D.
Please try it! it is fun to make her nose grow as Pinocchio's one!

Have fun!
-G
capricorn33

Post by capricorn33 »

I had to test Genetes 3D nose right away.
Just couldn't resist. :-)

JR:s mum WITH a nose (courtesy by Genete)

I will have to fiddle with it a little to get the shape exactly where I want it...
And there has to be some layerflipping added to get the nose on the right side of the eyes... (it disappears behind the right eye in the beginning... I'm waiting for Heyvern to put that super 2.5d script together ;-) That will fix it.)

Now I'll see if I can fix her hair too so it rotates correctly.
...This time I will try to build it myself. Gulps.

And I'll clean up that limping walk cycle.

But that will have to wait a couple of days. Lots of REAL work to be done here this week...

cheers
cap
donnie

Post by donnie »

HaHa Well Done you two! That works spot on!

If I were being picky I would maybe try the front on nose without the 'bridge' line so that it just appears for 3/4 into profile view.
Of course Ive no idea how it would be done,
(Although DK did manage something similar with masking lines: http://www.wienertoonz.com/nose3.swf),

Anyway thats just my own stupid personal preference, this 2.5D rig stuff is really starting to come of age withthe clever people on this forum at the helm!

D.
Genete

Post by Genete »

Hahaha
I love her!!!!
Meanwhile you wait for heyvern's super layer flipping script integration you can do it manually. It is only two or three manual keyframes and it is worth.
Now I'll see if I can fix her hair too so it rotates correctly.
...This time I will try to build it myself. Gulps.
Her curly hair is perfect for a grouped rig. I mean rig the curls as they were a solid rigged with a bone for all the points of every curl. Later if you need it scale the bone properly. It could be done with the scale - turn technique. Also you can include some quick switch to the symmetrical curl when she turns the face from left to right. It would be so quick and nobody would notice (mainly all the people would be looking to her beauty nose :lol:)
Good luck!
If I were being picky I would maybe try the front on nose without the 'bridge' line so that it just appears for 3/4 into profile view.
Of course Ive no idea how it would be done,
It can be done with line width or with transparent color. Personally I prefer her with the the front view with the line. It gives her more conic style.
Even some kind of hiding with DK's technique. Let me try it... :wink:

-G
Genete

Post by Genete »

Here it is the automatic hiding line 3D rig of the conic family's mummy.

Use it if you like. I still preferring the original one.

http://www.darthfurby.com/genete/Other/mummy-nose2.anme
FRONT
SIDE
3/4

It can be refined a little more adding a new shape to the exiting points to hide the left part of the nose when turn right and vice versa. It would need also a new copy of the vector layer to properly order the shapes using a switch keyframe. I let it you to do it. :wink:

I've enjoyed a lot doing this nose.
I've tried also to do a 3D nose but always make it looks very realistic and make me some frustrated due to its difficult. This cartoon like nose exercise have let me train my non realistic drawing skills that is causing me some troubles to apply all the "bla bla bla" I chat here about 3D rigs. It have been like a gift to my soul. :D

Thanks cap for the whole idea and thanks donnie for the line hide suggestion!.
-G
donnie

Post by donnie »

Nice work Genete!!.. Although would you be dissapointed if I said maybe you were right he first time and it is better with the line? :wink:

Dunno, best see what cap says on this one as they are his characters, I just had a small thought on it- its great to see you got it to work so fast though!

The whole 'nose from the front' thing is always a bit tricky.. whether rigging in 3d or just drawing it but I think you did a fine job!

I also dont think you have too much of a trouble drawing 'non realistic' as that Giraffe you did was fantastic!

cheers,

D.
Genete

Post by Genete »

donnie wrote:Nice work Genete!!.. Although would you be dissapointed if I said maybe you were right he first time and it is better with the line? :wink:
:evil:

:D Don't worry. That exercise have opened a new way of techniques in line hiding. I need that trick for a realistic nose. Thanks to DK's initial idea too.

donnie wrote:Dunno, best see what cap says on this one as they are his characters, I just had a small thought on it- its great to see you got it to work so fast though!

The whole 'nose from the front' thing is always a bit tricky.. whether rigging in 3d or just drawing it but I think you did a fine job!

I also dont think you have too much of a trouble drawing 'non realistic' as that Giraffe you did was fantastic!

cheers,

D.
Nose are difficult but eyes and ears mmm ... they are the most!
-G
capricorn33

Post by capricorn33 »

I think I'll hide that line ;-)

Mummys nose has no line...

That's all for today.
I'll be back in a couple of days... will try to get all those arms and legs developed a little.

BTW ...does a chinese dragon know how to spit fire? Or is that just the medieval western ones?

cheers
cap
Last edited by capricorn33 on Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Genete

Post by Genete »

Once placed in her face it looks better the no line version than the lined one.
I'm happy you like it and use it anyway.
WOW! that mother looks pretty well!
Cheers up!!
-G
donnie

Post by donnie »

Hey Yeah!!! That looks fantastic actually! A perfect nose for Mummy!

Well done again to you two's teamwork... I hope you don't mind if I 'borrow' that line hiding technique in the future?.....

cheers,

D.

(oh and sorry , I have no idea about the dragon thing... ) :D
Genete

Post by Genete »

BTW ...does a chinese dragon know how to spit fire? Or is that just the medieval western ones?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon
capricorn33

Post by capricorn33 »

Genete wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon
Thanks Genete :D Lots of inspiring pictures and facts there!
capricorn33

Post by capricorn33 »

I have been working on knees, elbows and torso on coneys JR:s mother.

Sorry, all sensitive people out there, that I had to take her pants off, I know it's gross - but well, I just had to! I can't fix her legs if I can't see them properly, can I ???? :D

Mature mummy without pants XXX

So this is a simple test to try her new legs and arms out.

But it's a kind of timing- and mass-handling-exercise too.
Is the animation OK, you think? Anythibg I should improve on...?

Hmm.. there's something strange with that jump... when she hits the floor again...
Genete

Post by Genete »

Hmm.. there's something strange with that jump... when she hits the floor again...
Great!. But In my opinion she needs some vertical turn to her head to make it more credible. Some sort of crouch I mean. Also some bounce to her breasts and roll of fat would make it incredible better.
-G

PD: I like the shadow effect.