Character animation

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Vagabond

Character animation

Post by Vagabond »

I think I'm in love with a nigerian actress. I first animated her on 3/05/10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqzzKHJf0Ls
and I think I did a decent job.

I just finished another animation of her today 1/05/11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZpqMLdSlTU

I think I'm getting a little better but would like some pointers on how to be A LOT better. Any suggestions?
Poptoogi

Great job!

Post by Poptoogi »

Vagabond,

Very impressed at your improvement in the animation from the first animation to the one you just made!! Practice really does make perfect! I would say to get even better just keep doing what you're doing. Watch tutorials, visit here and see what other people are doing for techniques and tricks and keep having fun making animations! Again, VERY impressed at your progress so far! The level of detail and movement on the second animation is awesome!!! Keep it up!!!
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
reneuend

Post by reneuend »

I like the way you showed the ear rings jiggle when she moved. Very well done!
Kedric

Post by Kedric »

reneuend wrote:I like the way you showed the ear rings jiggle when she moved. Very well done!
Yea, I agree. The ear rings give it a lifelike feel.
Vagabond

Re: Great job!

Post by Vagabond »

guyver93 wrote:Vagabond,

Very impressed at your improvement in the animation from the first animation to the one you just made!! Practice really does make perfect! I would say to get even better just keep doing what you're doing. Watch tutorials, visit here and see what other people are doing for techniques and tricks and keep having fun making animations! Again, VERY impressed at your progress so far! The level of detail and movement on the second animation is awesome!!! Keep it up!!!
Thank you! Thank you! Since I have limited time to practice with the program it is hard to keep myself motivated. True! Reading this forum is more helpful than any manual. And feedback is priceless! :)

@reneuend & @Kedric
Thank you for commenting! The earrings were fun once I used bone dynamics. I tried a bunch of keyframes in the main action but in the end I just needed to move it once and the dynamics took over.
Kalamonkey

Post by Kalamonkey »

wow, the movement of the earrings and the subtle eye movements are well done!
"No one ever said the story has to make sense!"

http://www.youtube.com/KalamonkeyTV
Vagabond

Post by Vagabond »

Thanks Kalamonkey. I'm trying to build a cast before the end of the month so I can do a vdeo longer than a few seconds. What other software did you use for your videos?

@reneuend... are you using AS to make the games on your website?

@Kedric... your pikaparodies are wild. I like the spinning and zoom transitions you used. And good walk cycles.

@guyver93... I'll be studying your shonuff videos. You make eyes differently from me but I'm sure I could learn something from how you bind bones.

Thanks for your comments guys. I hope to post something else soon.
Kalamonkey

Post by Kalamonkey »

Vagabond,

We start with good old pen and ink on paper, scan it into Photoshop and or Illustrator and then import it into Anime Studio Pro 7.1. 99% of the animation is generated straight out of ASP 7.1. The rendered clips are then edited in Premier Pro. Occasionally we use After Effects for some lighting. Thanks for asking!
"No one ever said the story has to make sense!"

http://www.youtube.com/KalamonkeyTV