extracting files

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

tiannaidan

extracting files

Post by tiannaidan »

When I extracted a character file I had it extracted into the library folder but it isn't showing up in the library when AS is open. Is there somewhere else files need to go? There isn't any instructions on how to do this.
trung277

Re: extracting files

Post by trung277 »

Yesterday I also experience this problem, but I do not find the answer on google. Hopefully someone to help. Thanks
Last edited by trung277 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

On WinXP I put the anme and png files here:

C:\Documents and Settings\[Username]\Documents\Smith Micro\Anime Studio Pro\8\Library

The thumbnail file (png) shows up when I open the Library and loads when I double click it.
Seems pretty simple, but I don't know how it would work on a Mac. I did notice that you need to refresh the Library if you drop in the file while ASP is open.
rocky53204

Post by rocky53204 »

Keep in mind library files should be .anme files. What do you mean by extracted character files. Was it an .anme file or an image file of some type?

When I make library assets I put the .anme file and a .PNG file of that rendered image in a folder, all with the same name. (By this I mean as example: peach .anme, peach.PNG within a folder named peach.) Move the folder and its contents to your library directory. I usually put it in 'props'/'mystuff' folder. Your library is located (on a windows based machine) within your Documents/Smith Micro/...(and so on, drill down till you fid it) folder(s) as indicated in a prior post. You must restart Anime Studio before it will appear in your library. Hope this helps rather than confuses. Look around in your library file(s) and you will see how things are organized.