How to copy Colour AND Alpha Settings?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mgo

How to copy Colour AND Alpha Settings?

Post by mgo »

I'd like to carry both colour and alpha of a shape from one frame to the next (FBF layer) and then slightly change both. Then repeat for the next frame.

Right now, I can only select either the colour value, or the alpha. Is there a one-step action to copy both, and then paste them? Like copy and paste styles in some graphic design apps?

Cheers, Marin
🚀
heyvern

Re: How to copy Colour AND Alpha Settings?

Post by heyvern »

So trying to get a handle on what you are trying to do that you can't. You want to create keyframes of both color and alpha of a shape and copy and change them frame by frame? Not sure why this isn't working unless I misunderstand the process.

Currently color and alpha of a shape are one channel in the timeline. You can't key frame color and alpha as separate items. Both color and alpha are key framed when the shape fill or stroke "color" is changed in the style palette. For example if you changed "only" the color on frames 5 10 and 20, but only "changed" the alpha on frames 5 and 20, you would still have 3 keys for both color and alpha. Both shape attributes are keyed anytime the shape color is changed in the style palette. This can be a bit of a an annoyance if you want to do separate transitions of color and alpha independently.

Is that the issue? That the alpha and color are always keyframed together? Without a custom scripted solution both attributes of a shape are always key framed together.
Greenlaw

Re: How to copy Colour AND Alpha Settings?

Post by Greenlaw »

Do you mean with FBF vector drawings in Moho 13.5 or with FBF bitmap painting in Moho 13.0?

If you mean vector shapes in 13.5, yeah, I'm not sure what you mean either, because you can just duplicate the frame or you can copy and paste the shapes into the new layer, and the color/alpha properties will go with them,

For styles, yes, you can create Custom Styles in the Styles window and reuse them. (Custom Styles also have the ability to update the properties of all shapes using a specific Style all at once.)

But you don't need Custom Styles to copy and paste shape properties. You can use the Eyedropper tool (click to pickup color/opacity, alt-click to drop color/opacity) or you use the Copy/Paste buttons in the Style window.

If you mean bitmap painting in 13.0, I'm not sure since I no longer use 13.0 or even have it installed. From what I recall, you could duplicate a frame and the image should have the same properties, but I don't think there was a lasso tool to copy/paste bitmap selections. (IMO, I would use an external paint program for this sort of thing, and import the frames to Moho 13.0. In Moho 13.5, that's what you're going to do anyway.)