moho 14.1 deletes selected bones instead selected frames.

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

FanN80085

moho 14.1 deletes selected bones instead selected frames.

Post by FanN80085 »

I hit a bug. When I'm working with a complex rig that has +100 actions and multiple bones layers, near the edge of the Moho limit.
When I'm animating the bone and selecting timeline frames of this bone to just delete it. Instead of deleting frames, Moho deletes the bone itself.

Even though I gave Moho time to process my actions. I clicked on the timeline window several times, I re-selected frames several times, so that Moho realized that I was on the timeline and want delete selected frame. But no, every 1 out of 4 times it still deletes the bone instead of the frames no matter what I do.

In this situation I can press conrl+z, but when you do that on a heavy rig, it can take 20-30 seconds for to step back and with chance 20% moho just crash.
Maybe someone has a temporary solution for this? I'm really tired of fighting this.

I can't even assign any special button to "delete selected keyframes". there's no such function even exist. It's all tied up in the "delete" button.
And the timeline button shortcuts seems to doesn't even work at all. Any buttons I assign to timeline functions, don't seem to be doing anything at all.
teienkawi

Re: moho 14.1 deletes selected bones instead selected frames.

Post by teienkawi »

i dont know if this will work for your situation. but i found we can right click the selected keys and hit cut in the top of the menu that pops up. maybe its worth a try
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

This has happened to me too a few times. It also happens with points sometimes, instead of bones. And also when copy-pasting, not just deleting. It looks like a bug but it's possible that this bug only happens when your Moho file has bad performance, even if you wait for Moho to process each action (I tried that too).

So let's try to fix your Moho file's performance. Undos shouldn't take 20''. Is copy-pasting slow too? Bad performance in this kind of operations can be solved even for complex rigs. Can you try the two solutions I mention in this post and let me know if the operations are now noticeably faster? It may fix the deleting bones problem too:

viewtopic.php?p=218662#p218662
FanN80085

Post by FanN80085 »

teienkawi wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:16 am i dont know if this will work for your situation. but i found we can right click the selected keys and hit cut in the top of the menu that pops up. maybe its worth a try
Yes, it actually works! I can use this function to delete only keyframes.
I can even assign a shortcut to it. That's great!
But again, Moho wants me to assign a shift-alt+ combo of buttons to such function, instead of just any button... Why Moho won't let ME do what I want with MY keyboard. Sigh*
Not a problem, a new script line for autohotkey.
Thank you!
Daxel wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:40 am It looks like a bug but it's possible that this bug only happens when your Moho file has bad performance.
Thanks, but yes, I'm already doing all of that and have as much optimization as possible. But the rig is just too damn big. I guess i have to separate the character's head on a separate file and animate the face later, without the body... As I usually have to do.
I'll have to check for those corrupted references layers too. Thanks.
FanN80085

Post by FanN80085 »

teienkawi wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:16 am right click the selected keys and hit cut in the top of the menu that pops up.
Small update.
No. It doesn't actually work.

IN FACT all this "cut" function does is press the "delete" button for you. So it works not only on the timeline, but on any tool.

So yes, using the "cut" function on a timeline (even if you manually click on it) can still randomly delete selected bone or vetcor points.

WHY?....
Why did they make a separate dedicated function that presses the "delete" button and let you assign a shortcut for it?
I totally don't understand Moho Devs...
teienkawi

Post by teienkawi »

i got 2 ideas that may be more of a hassle then its worth to deal with then one would like. 1) the first idea is for the bones that you want to delete key frames from to use the select bone tool and (just for deleting the keys) assign them a color none of the other bones have then deselect everything and use the colored bone keys to manage the ones you want to delete. im thinking if no bones are selected then in hopes it will only delete the keys. but i dont see how that could work for points
2) the second idea is the keys for the selected bones or points that you want to delete they may be dragged way off from any other keys then deselect everything and just delete the keys that were just dragged off away from the rest while nothing is selected in the work area.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

FanN80085 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:59 am Thanks, but yes, I'm already doing all of that and have as much optimization as possible. But the rig is just too damn big. I guess i have to separate the character's head on a separate file and animate the face later, without the body... As I usually have to do.
I'll have to check for those corrupted references layers too. Thanks.
It doesn't matter if the rig is big, I have tested it duplicating the most complex rigs I have in a 52 seconds animation file until there were 9 of them and the viewport can only reproduce it at 2 FPS but undoing still takes one second. Optimization won't help you here, try filtering the references and delete them all, then make a change, undo and see if it still takes 20 seconds.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Making a shortcut for the menu Edit>Cut isn't the same as right-click>Cut in the timeline. The latter will guarantee you're only deleting from the timeline.
FanN80085

Post by FanN80085 »

synthsin75 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:10 pm the menu Edit>Cut isn't the same as right-click>Cut in the timeline.
Oh yes, that's actually true, thank you.