How to export video image background ?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Horganovski

How to export video image background ?

Post by Horganovski »

Hi folks.. I just got the full version of Anime Studio Pro today and am having great fun trying out the various functions..

One thing I've got stuck on is exporting an animation I've made where I have a vector 'puppet' in front of a video background I imported on an Image layer..

As I scrub along the timeline the video updates as expected and if I hit Ctrl+R I get a render with the video in the background as expected too..

But then when I choose 'export animation' and save the animation as an image sequence the video doesin't show up just my puppet and a white background...

I've searched around the export settings and can't find what I'm doing wrong... (I'm hoping the solution isin't to render each frame individually by 'hand'!)

One other thing I'd really like to know is, is there any way to include an alpha layer when rendering to an image sequence? There doesin't seem to be an option for this built in, but maybe someone has written a script or plugin to do this?

I'd be grateful for any advice and hope this isin't a dumb question...
Touched

Post by Touched »

I can't answer about the video, but about the alpha channel -- if you export as a PNG sequence it should include alpha channel transparency automatically, as long as you don't have any background in your renders. In fact sometimes I'd rather it be possible to turn that feature off, but in any case it's there.
Horganovski

Post by Horganovski »

Thank you very much..that's one problem solved...

:D