hi

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Egyptian Pharaoh

hi

Post by Egyptian Pharaoh »

is there any on can help me in animation animales
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

four legs animales?
Egyptian Pharaoh

thank you

Post by Egyptian Pharaoh »

1 - yes if you can help me to do and make adog move

2- how i can make bird fly
Last edited by Egyptian Pharaoh on Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I have a piece of string. Could you tell me how long it is?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

1 - yes if you can help me to do and make adog move

2- how i can make bird fly
Do the tutorials. Draw a dog and a bird. Put them in a bone layer, add some bones. Try to animate them yourself first then come back here and ask for specific tips. At least we will know you made an effort.

You have internet access obviously, find a free hosting service and post results to go with your questions.

Asking such a general question is just plain silly. There is no answer to this question. ALL the answers on the ENTIRE FORUM could fit this question. Every single animation skill, concept, technique and skill is covered in this question.

Show some small tiny effort at least. Animation is hard work. If this is the limit of your ability to learn it than it's already a lost cause.

-vern
Kazerad

Post by Kazerad »

heyvern wrote:Asking such a general question is just plain silly. There is no answer to this question.
I wouldn't say that; doing animal walk cycles can be pretty tough depending on the animal.

Presuming you already know how to draw and do basic animation, I highly recommend the book "Tezuka School of Animation 2: Animals in Motion" (Google it or check a bookstore). It has references for dog walk and run cycles from almost every angle imaginable (including turns!), flight cycles for various types of birds, and other movement cycles for things as obscure as giraffes, vipers and seahorses.
myles

Post by myles »

Some other resources:

For realistic movement, try to get a copy of "How Animals Move" by Focus Multimedia.

For more cartoon movement, get a copy of "Character Animation in 3D: : Use traditional drawing techniques ..." by Steve Roberts. Although the title says "3D", there are lots of 2D examples in the book - he recommends animating in 2D first to get a basis for better 3D animation.

To think about the bones, you can consider a realistic dog anatomy as something like a human walking on their fingers and toes.

From Steve Robert's book, a more cartoon-like dog's legs can also be animated like the legs of an old pantomime horse costume, or as 2 kids playing "wheelbarrow".

Regards, Myles
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx