2Robots

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Toontoonz

2Robots

Post by Toontoonz »

2Robots
A quick test I did trying out the Moho lipsync program and testing other parts of Moho. 1.7 Mb
2Robots
robj

Post by robj »

I saw this at the 10 sec club ... nice work
I too am looking for that neurotransmitter ... =>

Rob
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Thanks for the comment.

The 10 Second Club animation contests are a fun thing to enter (although everything there seems to be in 3D & that´s who always wins because everyone is into 3D animation there) - they give you the sound clip and a deadline - no prize, but a good excercise to try out one´s animation skills.

I hope to try it again when I find more time.

One of the things I was experimenting with in this particular animation was the dual mouth movements of the second robot (the one that flips his head up) - where the lower jaw and the electronic mouth movement are linked to the sound file. Worked out pretty good.
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Toontoonz wrote:One of the things I was experimenting with in this particular animation was the dual mouth movements of the second robot (the one that flips his head up) - where the lower jaw and the electronic mouth movement are linked to the sound file. Worked out pretty good.
Yes, I agree. This was effective for me. I even thought about stealing the idea. :-)
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Steal away! :D
I am sure I saw it used in some old sci-fi movie somewhere or someplace but can´t remember where. I was just trying to see if I could use the sound track twice to animate the same thing - movement of the mouth with the voice.

I have done quite a bit of experimenting with animation keyed to the sound track and there are lots of fun things one can use a sound file and Moho switch layers to animate lots of different things. One is only limited by their own imagination (and the fact that you can only have one sound track in Moho).
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

A note or two - the glow on the robot´s brains was created using Moho´s Layer settings function Shadows. It worked pretty neat and I was even able to figure out how to change the color over time.

The timeline was fairly complicated for this animation, with the different scenes and different parts moving around, but I was surprised how simple it was to work with all the different layers and such (it would have been a nightmare to do in Flash). It probably took me about 8-10 hours to put it all together from drawing to finish. It was the first time I did a two characters talking lipsync.