...too heavy .avi files!

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ramapo99

...too heavy .avi files!

Post by ramapo99 »

i have 2 pc, in each one moho is installed.
for the same .moho file i have 2 differents file... the only difference is the heavy: the first one is i.e. 10Mb the second one is 200Mb!
i can understand that the file are differents because is different the video schedule but like that it's too much!
what do you think?
thank you

:roll:
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Wait, wait... First I thought that you were talking about exported video file... but are you are talking about 200 Mb for the *.moho file?? Hmmm... It's CURIOUS! :)
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

I think you are refering to the avi output files. You need to check what codex you are using - these are external from Moho. Using Full Frmae uncompressed will produce large avi files like the 200mb you report. Using DV codex will produce a file 10 Mb for the same file.

Just double check to make sure you used the same output codec for each.
ramapo99

best codex

Post by ramapo99 »

how i can define the best codex to export my movie in .avi? I suppose that i have to test each one... but can you suggest me some one?
i'd like have a professional video.
thank you

:wink:
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

I work for broadcast - from experience, you should, when thinking pro- usage, use the uncompressed file format. Regretably, this means a 5 minute movie will grow to gigabyte sizes but the quality requires it.

If you can't afford the space, use one of the new DVcodecs - from memory, the one at work is from Sony but don't hold me on that one.

Output resolution really comes down to what tape format you are targeting - if you are firewire back out to DV then a DV codec might be acceptable.

Personally, I'd keep the resolution as high as I could then downgrade to tape just once. Remember that animation with plain or graduated fills degrades very quickly. ie, lossy formats gives you artifacts which show.

Hope this helps

Rhoel
ramapo99

dv codec

Post by ramapo99 »

thank you everybody!
I've dowloaded a lot of dv free codecs con line... but a lots of these don't work! when i decide to export, i choose .avi files, after i choose che compression: if i set dv codec (conapus software dv decompressos) moho tell me that this kind of compression is not supported... why?
thanks again!
:shock: