LUA? I love it! Dogwaffle too...

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

staigerman

LUA? I love it! Dogwaffle too...

Post by staigerman »

Man I can't believe it - you guys use LUA also for your scripting?

We have a Lua scripting front end too, in Project Dogwaffle. It's for making filters. It is based on a LUA subset, named gluas at the GIMP.

Would be great to see if we can interchange filters between Dogwaffle and Moho.

Anyone?

Oh, and we added a GUI server, so the scuipts can be more than batch, they have user interaction components, menus, checkboxes, sliders, color pickers...

See examples:

www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/lua
www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/guiserver

Would be great to have a way to integrate the two, pass stuff from Dogwaffle straight to Moho. And the other way.

www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/sdk

Dogwaffle runs as an active-X server. Your standalone application can simply connect to the dogwaffle server and exchange data with it. (brushes, image buffers, animation frames...)

Any developers here?
Fazek

Post by Fazek »

As far as I see, we are using LUA only for expanding the interactive tools of the Moho program, and with a new feature, LayerScript, we can add new possibilities to the layers movement. Unfortunately, LUA has no access to the rendering functions of Moho. Even you can't load or save image files easily. I tried to write a BMP loader purely in LUA, but this language is too stupid for binary manipulations and for big byte-arrays.

But just right now I am thinking on expanding the possibilities using the Gimp's batch features. It's a good news for me if this Dogwaffle can help me. Gimp is good because it is available on all platforms of Moho, easy to get and install, so it would be useful for non-expert users as well. It would be great if it is possible to use LUA instead of Lisp or Python.
- - - Fazek