My sound is not working in MOHO

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Artsylatte

My sound is not working in MOHO

Post by Artsylatte »

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I uploaded an .wav file into MOHO but can not hear the playback. I can see the audio there with the sound waves but don't hear anything when I play it back. I tried using a MOHO sound file and still hear nothing back. My audio works everywhere else on my computer so I'm sure that it's something inside of MOHO. Please help! :(
Greenlaw

Re: My sound is not working in MOHO

Post by Greenlaw »

Things you can check:

1. Make sure the sound button is enabled. It's to the right of the Playback controls.

2. Is the layer visible? Check visibility for both the Layers Window AND check the Layer Setting. If visibility is off in Layer Settings, the waveform will still appear in the timeline. When the audio is not visible, it's essentially muted.

3. While in the Layer Settings, check that the audio level is not 0. If Spatial Positioning is on, disable it.

If it's still not working, maybe the codec is incompatible with Moho. Try another codec or format. Personally, I like to use uncompressed .wav or .aif.

Hope this helps.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Sometimes Moho doesn't play nice when switching to Bluetooth headphones. You may need to restart Moho after switching to/from Bluetooth.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

That reminds me, I ran into some BT headphone weirdness just last night: I could hear audio from my video editor playing through my desktop speakers and a YouTube video playing in Chrome through my headphones. This happened when I switched the audio input while focused on Chrome. After I quit and restarted the video editor, the audio from the editor played through my headphones.

No biggie, just confirming that BT can get mixed up sometimes.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artsylatte

Post by Artsylatte »

It was the headphones! Got it back working, thank you all so much for the help!
Hans Rutgers

Post by Hans Rutgers »

Same thing happens here on my M1 I-mac. When I plug in my headphone in the mac (no BT) the sound from Moho is apparently automatically routed to the headphones and cannot be rerouted to the speakers. The only other application I know that does this is Audacity, but that app gives the possibility to switch to speakers within the app. I have not found this in Moho; not in the preferences and not in the menu's. Would be nice to have; now I have to pull the plug every time I want the sound on speaker.