Moho 14.1 switch layer keyframe on Frame 0

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Panha

Moho 14.1 switch layer keyframe on Frame 0

Post by Panha »

Moho 14.1 seems to show switch layer keyframes in Frame 0 too. I remember the first time I opened Moho 14, I tried to clear all animation keyframes to make my fresh project clean, but the switch layer keyframe is always there with a little square dot and long line across the timeline. Till now I still not cope well with it as my habits is always to have a clean look of timelines, so I still sometimes try to use shortcut to clean the animation. I don't think in previous versions, Moho has that switch layer keyframe in frame 0. :D
Greenlaw

Re: Moho 14.1 switch layer keyframe on Frame 0

Post by Greenlaw »

Moho sometimes gets confused and leaves a key on frame 0 even after you clear the timeline. This issue has existed for many years. I don't think it hurts to ignore it, but I'm totally with you on wanting to see a clear timeline when it should be clear.

Anyway, what usually works for me is to create a key later in the timeline and copy that key to frame 0. Next, delete both keys. If that doesn't work, try variations of what I described. I haven't had a situation where I couldn't eventually delete the key.

When you do delete it, post the steps of what worked here. If it's different from the steps I described, I want to document that. Thanks! :D
Panha

Post by Panha »

Greenlaw wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:31 am Moho sometimes gets confused and leaves a key on frame 0 even after you clear the timeline. This issue has existed for many years. I don't think it hurts to ignore it, but I'm totally with you on wanting to see a clear timeline when it should be clear.

Anyway, what usually works for me is to create a key later in the timeline and copy that key to frame 0. Next, delete both keys. If that doesn't work, try variations of what I described. I haven't had a situation where I couldn't eventually delete the key.

When you do delete it, post the steps of what worked here. If it's different from the steps I described, I want to document that. Thanks! :D
What you describes only work with normal keyframes different from switch. You are right, I also sometimes meet the situation where Moho leaves keyframes even after we clear the animation. Mostly with keyframe of curve of vector. I did just like what you described, create keyframes later in the animation or sometimes copied the unremovable keyframes to frame 0 can help. Honestly, in Moho 14.1, I have not seen that problem happened again. Maybe it is solved in this version now. However, in Moho 14.1 now, with switch layer, there is always an unremovable keyframe (a little square dot with long line) in timelines that make me feel the my project always have keyframes even if it is a totally fresh project. :D
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Panha wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:10 am What you describes only work with normal keyframes different from switch.
Oh, okay, I see what you mean. Yeah, I knew they changed the handles to boxes for 14.1, which is easier to grab and edit than the old-style 'pill' handles, but the keyframe always existing at frame 0 is a new behavior.

I guess it doesn't really bother me, but I don't know if this is an oversight or intentional. I'll have to ask about it.
Panha

Post by Panha »

Greenlaw wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:16 am
Panha wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:10 am What you describes only work with normal keyframes different from switch.
Oh, okay, I see what you mean. Yeah, I knew they changed the handles to boxes for 14.1, which is easier to grab and edit than the old-style 'pill' handles, but the keyframe always existing at frame 0 is a new behavior.

I guess it doesn't really bother me, but I don't know if this is an oversight or intentional. I'll have to ask about it.
Yes, anyway, the new look is awesome. I like how the look of the switch keyframes in Moho 14.1 now. It is much easier to which key is on which frame. ❤️