Scripting animated "wallpaper" patterns

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

phlux0r

Scripting animated "wallpaper" patterns

Post by phlux0r »

Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible and feasible to create a Moho script that would do something like what you can see on this page: http://www.singsurf.org/wallpaper/wallpaper.php. Plus, given some parameters, create an animation for a given number of frames? I guess it would operate on the selected layer where there could be some vector drawing. A problem could be how to set up the axis of mirroring. In that java applet you move around the blue, red and green points. Another problem could be getting some kind of preview of the starting setup... Maybe it could be an embedded script that uses an animated point and a static reference point as the axis and calculates the current pattern...

Just thought I'd throw in this idea, if one of the scripting maestros :) could give me an opinion and some pointers.

Thanks.
CowsCanFly

Post by CowsCanFly »

nice idea... :)
Fazek

Post by Fazek »

Perhaps it is possible with particle layers, if you replace the positions of the particle instances separately with a Layerscript.
- - - Fazek