Layer colour script request

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

Layer colour script request

Post by DK »

Is it possible to create a script that would give layer groups a particular colour? After you scroll below the top of each layer group, the trees tend to blend together and can get quite confusing.

D.K
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

i saw the toher topic and i was question myself, why do you want to have different layer colors?
(sorry, but i can't see which is the utility).

some time ago, i don't remember who ask for different colors in the timeline, i agree inmediately with that. but i don't understand this one.
DK

Post by DK »

When you have a character let's say with a very long layer tree. When you scroll down the tree it's very easy to get lost especially when you have multiple charaters or more with extended layers. With colours you can immediatly see what chartacter you are working on without having to scroll back up to the top of the each tree.

D.K
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

ahm, okey, so this is not about bone layer color, vector layer color, video layer color...

ok, now i understand.
DK

Post by DK »

Yes...sorry if i was unclear.

D.K
7feet

Post by 7feet »

I don't believe (well, really pretty damn sure) there is anything in the scripting interface that would allow you to do that. Too bad, I like the idea, I get a little lost sometimes myself. I like the visual cues. Although, the only one that's in there that I really try to notice (the red around Frame Zero) doesn't work enough for me, I'd like it to be a lot more screaming, as more often than not I'm into the work and fail to notice. And then have to go back and re-do tons of stuff...
DK

Post by DK »

What really gets me is when you open up switch layers, like mouth layers for instance, as i like to create characters with a full alphabet the layer tree can really blow out bigtime.

D.K