Repost of 7Feet's Universal Tools?

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

gnat

Repost of 7Feet's Universal Tools?

Post by gnat »

I just purchased Moho a couple of days ago to simplify some of the photo animations I was doing with Zweistein.

In lurking around the forum, I have noticed the add-in tool scripts from a number of people-- particularly 7feet, HeyVern, and Fazen, which are designed to be used on a continual basis (as distinct from more specialized scripts). I am already seeing how the use of something like Fazen's point tool makes all the difference in alleviating some of the frustrations I was having with the native point translation tool.

I have two questions:

-- Can someone repost the Universal Tools from 7feet? In particular I would like to get the Layer Tool, since Fazen and HeyVern may have superceded the point tool (?). The links in the forum messages seem to be broken.

-- Being a newbie, I have a tough time figuring out the overlap between the different tools, especially which tools supercede other tools. In your opinion, if you were going to utilize a single set of tools based on what is available today which combination of scripts would you use?

Thanks a million,

Gnat
Visit Pappy's Blog, home of Pappy the wonder terrier!!!
CowsCanFly

Post by CowsCanFly »

i'd really like that tool too!

i advice you to try the pad sound script in the scripts forum!!!
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

No offense to 7feet... but Fazek's universal point tool is... well... better in a lot of ways.

One thing that 7feet's version has that Fazek's doesn't (that is why I keep both installed) is the ability to change the center point on point group rotations.

Do not use my universal point tool... it sucks big time compared to Fazek's. ;)

Here is the link for Fazek's tools. I hope this is okay to repost.

http://www.firkafilm.com/moho/index.html

[edit]
It seems that 7feet's links to his universal layer tool is broken. Hopefully he will get that up and running again. If not I could post it here... but I don't know if I have his latest version.

-vern
7feet

Post by 7feet »

I'll just have to move everything over to my site, now tht I have one. I'll get on that momentarily.