Bunny Corleone

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Gnaws

Bunny Corleone

Post by Gnaws »

Here's a short piece that I'd started for the last ASP contest but I didn't get it finished in time. There are still some more things I wish I'd added, but I don't like to drag projects out, or leave unfinished projects laying around for too long. If I'd waited to include everything I wanted, it would've taken another 6 months.

Anyway...

http://one.revver.com/watch/244471

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndmwOIHSi58
Last edited by Gnaws on Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
sour_jax

Post by sour_jax »

I love the Style!!!
Thatch

Post by Thatch »

Very anxious to see it Gnaws but youtube says it is not available. Might just be that it hasn't propagated out to all the servers yet. I"ll keep checking back.

Style looks great though.

J
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

Thatch wrote:...youtube says it is not available.
That's weird. My apologies tho.

I posted another one herejust to test their services. BTW - The little frog disappears after the second play.
Thatch

Post by Thatch »

Ah, there it is.. nice work Gnaws

I got it on youtube... as I suspected it just took a while to get out to all their servers. Nice work. I have GOT to get back onto my project. I has languished for too long.

J
byanfu

Post by byanfu »

Gnaws,

I really love your design. I wish you would post more, everything I see of yours is great. Do you have a background in illustration?
Genete

Post by Genete »

I like it. You know, I love your drawing style! Did you do the background also in AS?
BTW it seems that it is not finished... there is a second part?

Genete
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Ha ha! Brilliant!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

Thanks for the nice reviews everybody.

@byanfu - Thanks for the nice words. Yeah, I wish I had more time to finish projects to post - this stuff is so fun!! I just never seem to have enough time. I started this piece for Burt's last contest. But as I mentioned, I missed the deadline. :oops: And yes, I have a little illustration experience.

@Genete - Thanks, my friend. No, I didn't do the bkgd in AS. :cry: I'm sure with a little practice I could get comfortable drawing in AS, but it's more expeditious for me to draw in Illustrator. So for now, with my limited amount of free time, it's best for me to work as quickly as possible. Sadly, I agree that it doesn't seem finished. I probably could have squeezed another 5 seconds out of this footage with better editing. I had an intro in mind with music all ready to go and everything. I always run out of time for the fun stuff! Thanks again for all your help with my annoying questions here on the forum.
Genete

Post by Genete »

Gnaws wrote:Thanks for the nice reviews everybody.

@byanfu - Thanks for the nice words. Yeah, I wish I had more time to finish projects to post - this stuff is so fun!! I just never seem to have enough time. I started this piece for Burt's last contest. But as I mentioned, I missed the deadline. :oops: And yes, I have a little illustration experience.

@Genete - Thanks, my friend. No, I didn't do the bkgd in AS. :cry: I'm sure with a little practice I could get comfortable drawing in AS, but it's more expeditious for me to draw in Illustrator. So for now, with my limited amount of free time, it's best for me to work as quickly as possible. Sadly, I agree that it doesn't seem finished. I probably could have squeezed another 5 seconds out of this footage with better editing. I had an intro in mind with music all ready to go and everything. I always run out of time for the fun stuff! Thanks again for all your help with my annoying questions here on the forum.
I also don't finish most of my projects. It is human nature... Don't apologize about that. Be happy! You 're having fun! :D
And don't apologize for your questions. They're not annoying. They are precise and appropriate. I'm always glad to help everybody (even an evil daemon with that suggestive look :wink:)...
Cheers!
Genete
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Really impressive design work Gnaws. Superior command of straights vs curves and a style that works well for both limited and traditional animation.
sour_jax

Post by sour_jax »

How do you get such clean images, mine seem to look sooooo pathetic. I love the flannelgraph look but I can't seem to nail it, any suggestions?
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

sour_jax wrote:I love the flannelgraph look but I can't seem to nail it...
Ummm, I'm not familiar with "flannelgraph". I Googled and found this lovely image:

Not sure I see the similarities, but....

Anyway, I just draw my character's parts in Illustrator and bring em into AS. No smoke and mirrors - straight forward. Drawing in Illustrator isn't a panacea - just my preference.

Not sure if that helps or not. Lemme know if there's anything I can help you with.
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Hehe...great character, I love the way you draw, please post more! :D
sour_jax

Post by sour_jax »

Anyway, I just draw my character's parts in Illustrator and bring em into AS. No smoke and mirrors - straight forward. Drawing in Illustrator isn't a panacea - just my preference.

Not sure if that helps or not. Lemme know if there's anything I can help you with.
I believe it is Illustrator that give you that specific look that I'm looking for, thanks.
The best things in life are free! Salvation, being the greatest!

Visit http://www.handbookforlife.com