how do I use the anime characters.

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

minato 33

how do I use the anime characters.

Post by minato 33 »

Im a noob with this program and have been unable to find out how to make the anime characters facial features stay. how do I do this :?: ?
Last edited by minato 33 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

minato 33

perhaps i should rephrase

Post by minato 33 »

i cant get the eyes or any other features on the anime charters to stay unless I have then hi lighted in the layer menu, and don't say bind layer tool i already tried that.
JNandC

Post by JNandC »

The eyes, eyebrows, and mouths are on a switch layer. According to the help section
"Switch layers are used to group together multiple layers, much like Group layers. However, switch layers have an interesting twist: only one of their sub-layers can be displayed at a time. "

Lets use the eyes for example. There are 9 different states. Closed, Open, angry, etc. Switch layers allow you to display the different states, but only 1 at a time. To change the state during animation, you right click on the switch layer group (not on the vector or image layer) and choose from the list that appears. The image will be displayed untill you changed it to something else. On the timeline there is a switch layer animation icon to see when you change it.

With the anime characters they have nested switch layers. or switch layers within switch layers. So you have to choose the eyecolor from the main switch layer, then choose choose the state of that eye on the switch layer inside the main switch layer..(angry, sad, happy etc.)

Hope this helps you.

Also fizwig created a tutorial that touches on switch layers.

http://fiziwig.com/anim/index05.php
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Jeez, NJ, you must be psychic. I'd have never guessed that was what he was talking about. The newbs will really appreciate having you around. (Not to mention the rest of us who need newb to pro translations.)

:wink:
JNandC

Post by JNandC »

Yea Synth, I remember trying to figure that out when I first dived in to the program w/o looking at the tutorials and help from this site. I teach computer systems for a living and sometimes I find it difficult to "dumb down" my instructions for people that have never been on a computer. The people that can't even double click really frustrate me. I just wanna snatch away their mouse.
But yea, I'll try to view some of the questions and post what newb help I can offer.