Anime Studio 6 Info

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

GregSmith

Post by GregSmith »

synthsin75

My, you are an arrogant fellow, aren't you. I'm not sure I'm the one who's truly hopeless.

I started over with a new document and tried the same experiment. This time it worked.

Even though you are quite insulting, I thank you for your assistance.

Greg Smith
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

:lol: I thought I took it pretty easy on you, considering you were "reading words that weren't there" so to speak. At least you know how now, right? :wink:

----------------------------------------
Having to open it every time I move through the timeline is a pain in the butt
Yeah, for some reason you can still zoom the workspace, but panning and time changes don't work. That could hinder its use.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Could anyone explain the intended use of "Hide shape"?

You can only unhide all shapes, so no toggling. But it doesn't even render. Is there some need for this?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

AVI import is broken, even in ASD6 registered.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

synthsin75 wrote:Could anyone explain the intended use of "Hide shape"?

You can only unhide all shapes, so no toggling. But it doesn't even render. Is there some need for this?
Are you kidding me? This feature is an absolute godsend as far as I'm concerned. What I've been doing in the past is enabling transparency in the quality settings and turning the alpha right down on the shapes I wanted to temporarily hide. Some of my characters have 500+ overlapping shapes so it often gets quite difficult to see what's going on and to select the shape you want. Also, the program gets extremely slow when you have this many shapes on 1 layer. I just hope they take it even further and let you hide/lock both selected points and shapes.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I have to agree with Rudiger... this feature is one of my favorites. I agree though it would be nice to be able to toggle individual shapes on and off. Hopefully this can be handled via scripting using the "named shape" selection in the style palette. If the "visible" property of a shape is scriptable that shouldn't be hard.

I was also thinking that the alpha could be linked to the visibility of a shape so it will be hidden as well as not render. Future experiments for Vern!. ;)

As for hiding vectors... hmm... that would be cool. I don't think that's exposed in the scripting though but I plan to look at it as a possibility. May have to wait for that feature. However Genete wrote some cool button scripts for "locking" point groups so they can't be moved. Not the same thing but at least it prevents moving those points while editing others.

-vern
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Mmm, I've never had that problem.
Genete

Post by Genete »

I'm downloading the windows demo version of ASPRO 6.0 to see if it is possible to execute it using wine.
Basically I want to read the manual in pdf. Is there any problem if someone of you share with me the manual to allow me look inside?
Thanks
-G
DK

Post by DK »

Avi Import works fine for me. Must be a codec issue.

D.K
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Blend Morphs is fantastic!!! Also can't wait to see what lua 5.1 will mean for scripters. I'm still fiddling with all the other goodies.

Thanks so much for uploading the demo!

New York City has a thriving independent animation scene, possibly the largest in the world, so a couple of weeks ago I brought up Anime Studio in casual conversation and one animator's response was "ANIME??!!!" I think the rest looked at me like I'd grown two heads. No one had ever heard of the software, but to this crowd "anime" is a four letter word. Sad, because of all communities they have the most to gain from Anime Studio's strengths: cheap, fast, easy, and high quality.

I didn't pursue the conversation further, but with 6.0 DarthFurby shall have his revenge!

Day 1 purchase on launch.

Also for Genete and other Linux users, here's the manual for Anime Studio 6 Pro(right click "save link as"):

http://www.darthfurby.com/as/AnimeStudi ... Manual.pdf
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

DarthFurby wrote:New York City has a thriving independent animation scene, possibly the largest in the world, so a couple of weeks ago I brought up Anime Studio in casual conversation and one animator's response was "ANIME??!!!" I think the rest looked at me like I'd grown two heads. No one had ever heard of the software, but to this crowd "anime" is a four letter word. Sad, because of all communities they have the most to gain from Anime Studio's strengths: cheap, fast, easy, and high quality.
Hey Furby,

Yeah, NYers are paradoxically resistant to Anime Studio. I found this out at Animation Collective. Unfortunately, the big(ger) studios in NY are slowly going down in this recession, and since the smaller ones seem to be pretty attached to the old style of animation (albeit they substitute lightboxes with Adobe Flash), there seems to be a lot more convincing to do in order to get them to convert over to ASP. I'm hoping that the 5 or 6 years of experience that I've put into using ASP will be an asset when they finally do convert.
windstormer

Post by windstormer »

Avi loads fine for me as well. It gave me a chance to try out the outstanding video tracking tool. Works beautifully.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Damn it, damn it, damn it!!!!!

WTF?!! ASD6 registered will not export or import AVI. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times. 5.6 AVI works fine.

There must be some bullshit in the install somewhere I can't find. I even tried using the uninstaller to no luck. I entered my damn serial number, from the box, and now the god damn thing won't even let me export at all.

It's like it still has the demo limitation, but it's registered.

GDMF!!!
windstormer

Post by windstormer »

Probably the best thing to do, since there will be others with the same issue, is to find out from the developers (Mike?) what codecs are needed to make this work. You may also get some help using the free program AfreecodecVT http://www.afreecodecvt.com/
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Dodgy wrote:LOVE the new morph mixer thing, but is there any way it can be made non-modal, or assigned a hotkey pls? Having to open it every time I move through the timeline is a pain in the butt :)
There is a form to add shortcuts to menus on 5.6. I don´t remember well where it is, but I remember is a file you must edit using notepad or similar. I'm not at home right now, but when I go there I'll search it.
With this, blend morph will work perfectly!