Multiple soundtracks or multi-character lip-sync

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

doc

Multiple soundtracks or multi-character lip-sync

Post by doc »

I would like to use the switch layer technique (lip-sync) for two characters in one scene. However, I haven't been able use more than one audio track at a time or to place additional audio clips after the initial clip. Is there an easy way to lip-sync two different characters in a single scene?

Thanks for the help, anyone who might know...especially if their name rhymes with Lost Marble.
marchdigital

Post by marchdigital »

You can only have one soundtrack per moho project. But you can have multiple characters lipsynching. What you need to do is:

1. create one soundtrack for the entire project (merge your soundtracks together in an audio editor if you currently have them as separate files)

2. create a lip-sync .dat (switch data) file for each character using either Magpie or Pamela - simply use the same soundtrack created earlier as the basis for your lip-sync data for each character saving a separate data for each character.

3. assign your .dat files to each character

Hope this helps.
Chris Walker
March Digital, Australia
chris@marchdigital.com.au
T

Post by T »

If you're using the automatic lipsync in MOHO, you can use pretty much the same method.

You can even use one single soundtrack for the lipsync of both characters, but you'll have to remove some keyframes in each switch layer or they'll be mouthing each other's speaking parts. (This doesn't apply to the .dat file technique, I think).
"T"
------------------------------------------------
One who makes no mistakes, never makes anything.

www.flyingmcdavidbros.com