Animated Stories of the Freeway Patrol

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

d-soldier

Animated Stories of the Freeway Patrol

Post by d-soldier »

http://www.vimeo.com/3091968

Its not by any means a great display of what can be accomplished in AS... but its all I got. :D
areyouguystwins

Post by areyouguystwins »

Awesome! Very entertaining. I especially like the female character. "Princess" LOL!

"Don't you ever call me a bad mother!" LOL!

I look forward to more episodes. (I will bookmark your Vimeo page)

The only problem I had with the animation was the inital disclaimer in the beginning, it didn't stay on the screen long enough, I could only read two words before it flashed off.

Great job. Keep it up.

-- pug

http://iguessineedajob.wordpress.com/
Durand

Post by Durand »

The titles look great, as do backgrounds, character design, sound etc, all excellent. But, I feel (and this may just be my taste ) that the characters, smooth interpolation created a distracting sensation, that they are under water or in a highly viscous atmosphere. The addition of the occasional linear or snappy Key framing could help.
Last edited by Durand on Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
toonertime

Post by toonertime »

i had the same thought about the interpolation.
the walking might be articulated a little more as well.
but all in all, a very entertaining toon!
JNandC

Post by JNandC »

Amazing work. Very well done. The biggest flaw was the character movement. It was too even and smooth. Have someone act out the script to you or record yourself doing it and pay attention to the the body movements. Its not all smooth and slow. There will be a lot of quick jerky movements. This is very helpful when your are not sure how to animate a scene.

Look forward to seeing more episodes.
d-soldier

right on

Post by d-soldier »

You are all right on with the critique... with all the work we put into our projects, we often are happy with the overall result of things, and disregard the feeling that something is not quite right with it... The movements are too smooth and slow. Thanks for the feedback everyone, I'll stride to fix this as the series progresses.
As for the walking (notice the legs don't move), its not that I'm lazy, but I'm trying to keep the animation somewhat crappy... My aim was to be somewhere between Aqua Teen Hunger Force and South Park, both of which are not regarded for outstanding animation. If only I would take the time to figure out how to draw in AS, then maybe I could use fluid moving mouth interpolation for lip-sync rather than sprites.... one day...
chucky

Post by chucky »

Yeah cool, I felt genuinely sorry for those guys and I got a good laugh out of that running mascara, nice touch.
I know where you where going with the dodgy walking, that's OK , I do agree with the interpolation call though and also I thought the character layer rotation made them look unnecessarily flat. The rest of the artwork was nicely done on the most part, I especially liked the depth of field, and cars.
Just work on those characters a bit more for the next episode eh?
Good comedic tone and just the right length ....shoot the moon!