Dancing Robotic Can Art

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Toontoonz

Dancing Robotic Can Art

Post by Toontoonz »

Here it is the Dancing Robotic Can art!
Watch the flattened coke Can (an image, not a vector drawing) move and grow arms and legs (which were created with a single brush I made to use in Moho).
0.69Mb, 3 seconds long.

It is at this forum - page 3:
http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... 7&start=30

:D :!: :D :!: :D
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Yes, the red monster/alien thing is a photo of a painting I created on a crushed, flattened, Coca-Cola can. :D

More and more I think Moho´s strength for making animation is using photos and images. :D
(That is until the Moho drawing tools get a make over!)
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

I changed the brushes somewhat to see how another version of the Robotic can would look - with claws and rocket thrusters.

Robot Can with Rockets.mov
0.89MB - 3 Seconds.

Here is the first version:
Dancing Robotic Can Art.mov
Nichod

Post by Nichod »

I think what frightens me the most about your Robotic can, is that friendly smile. But seriously...good experiment.

Brian
Sometimes in order to accomplish something you need to not sleep.
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Thanks!
I came up with the telescoping arms idea while trying to figure out how to use the brushes in Moho.
I played around with the setting in the freehand drawing and noticed that as one pulls out the points more duplicates of the brush graphic are made. And if you add more points to the lines other fun things happen.
So how could I use that?
Hmmmm...then the growing and telescoping ideas came to me.

For me, the Moho brush mechanism is not good for drawing, but has lots of fun possiblities as an animating tool to make things grow or telescope out.

The movies here were just quickie animations thrown together in a half hour or so (I was looking for a robot drawing I did, but decided to use the can art instead) just to give me an idea of the possibilites and how the telescoping parts look as they are extended and contracted and twisted and turned very fast.