Eye bones

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Joelsquare

Eye bones

Post by Joelsquare »

Hi there,

Wondering if someone can help me out here... I'm fairly new to this, so if there is an obvious answer somewhere, feel free to just nudge me in the right direction :) or even suggest ways to be more efficient.

But my question is...

I've got a character whose eyes are constructed as a group with masking (yey, I made masking work the way I wanted it to - pats self on back). The layers are:

1) a white circle with a black edge.
2) eyelids that are in the mask
3) pupils that are part of the mask

(I.e. The lids and pupils don't leave the boundaries of the eye)

Also, some wrinkles under the eyes.

My issue - I want to use bones to manipulate everything in the mask group - except the pupils. Can this be done?

Best,
Joel
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

yeah Joel, it's easily done either with point or layer binding. Remember, bone layers have all of the masking options like groups do, so you don't even need the group layer. Guyver93 made a tutorial a little while ago that shows the process pretty well you might want to check it out. Here's the link:

viewtopic.php?t=19221&start=0&postdays= ... highlight=
Joelsquare

Post by Joelsquare »

Hi Jonbo,

Thank you so much for pointing this out to me! This is exactly what I was looking for, the tutorial discusses my literal situation!

What a great resource is forum is, hugely helpful.

Cheers,
Joel
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

You're welcome Joel, Guyver's got a bunch of tutorials that cover different techniques for animating in AS. They are well worth checking them out. Here's the link to them:

viewtopic.php?t=19226