Moho or Flash?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Tiziano

Moho or Flash?

Post by Tiziano »

I'm looking to do some broadcast quality (NTSC SD) 2-d animation to add to my future reel.

I have Flash MX2004 and primarily use it for web sites, not animation (traditionally speaking).

What would Moho give me that I don't already have with Flash?
Ritalin

Post by Ritalin »

character rigging as it's biggest strongpoint, but I reccommend dl'in g the trial and going through all the tutorials first.
cribble

Post by cribble »

MoHo has the ability to export to a range of formats. Read the list, its up on the website. It can also export to flash, so you can export designs and animations to flash.

As said above, character rigging is a huge boasting point, mainly because it makes animating characters simple. Simply use bones (as seen in some 3D apps) to move your character about, a feature flash doesn't have.

Also the price is a good selling point. £50 or $99, i think your getting great value for money. Also download a demo and try it out.
--Scott
cribble.net
WillBellJr

Post by WillBellJr »

I use Flash for interface design also and I feel it's perfect >for that<.

When animating >cartoons<, you're more focused on character design and animation. Flash has no concept of characters.

Moho has tools that directly assist you in rigging your characters after they're created - now you can even develop reusable actions. Bone dynamics support the ease of developing secondary actions...

I couldn't picture myself doing cartoons with Flash, now after knowing about Moho.

-Will
"With THIS!, you could be like GOD!..." - Kozer, Blake's 7
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Would you please post some of your Moho animation work for all of us to see? :D
(I went to your website, but everything seem to be under construction or I was clicking the wrong button, which happens.)