Moho.exe - application error

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Gh0StCK

Moho.exe - application error

Post by Gh0StCK »

Hello! I have a problem. I downloaded try ver Moho, installed it and it doesn't work. Appear message that appication error (0xc000007b). What is it?
Daxel

Re: Moho.exe - application error

Post by Daxel »

I've had these kind of errors some times and they are usually solved updating windows (manually press the button to check for updates) or reinstalling/updating Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable and or Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. Reset windows after trying any of those solutions.
Gh0StCK

Post by Gh0StCK »

Daxel wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:52 pm I've had these kind of errors some times and they are usually solved updating windows (manually press the button to check for updates) or reinstalling/updating Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable and or Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. Reset windows after trying any of those solutions.
I don't know. It's not working anything. I installed full pack directx, full pack Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, I checked Net Fraemwork 3.5 and 4.8 its on. I don't understand why this program don't work from box?
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Gh0StCK wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:22 pm
Daxel wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:52 pm I've had these kind of errors some times and they are usually solved updating windows (manually press the button to check for updates) or reinstalling/updating Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable and or Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. Reset windows after trying any of those solutions.
I don't know. It's not working anything. I installed full pack directx, full pack Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, I checked Net Fraemwork 3.5 and 4.8 its on. I don't understand why this program don't work from box?
It works, it's working for everyone here. And those kind of problems usually are related to something else. But who knows. I just told you what usually works when I have problems like that trying to run any program/game etc. Maybe google the error, or report it to Moho support. Sometimes is not that you lack any of the things I listed but that some dll or file is corrupted or missing, so sometimes I had to reinstall/repair those packs.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Have you tried completely removing Moho and then installing?

Assuming you have, try again but first make sure ALL of files for this version have been removed from the Program folder. You may need to delete any 'leftovers' manually. Next, remove all the Moho files for this version from here...

C:\ProgramData\Lost Marble

It's possible that something in these directions got corrupted and the installer isn't able to replace the files properly. Removing the files should correct that.

Note: removing these files will remove your license so be prepared to re-activate Moho. If you run out of activations, you can reset this for your account at the Lost Marble Website.

BTW, what are your system specs...just want to be sure it can run Moho.

Hope this helps. Let us know what happens.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, wait...I just realized you're trying to run a trial version. But try removing the files as described anyway and start clean just to be sure.

Also, make sure your Windows is up to date. I occasionally run into sudden mysterious problems with programs or hardware, and it turns out there is a Windows update waiting to be installed. After I update Windows, everything works again.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sun May 29, 2022 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gh0StCK

Post by Gh0StCK »

Thanks for help guys. But i am throwing this issue, because it's unbelievable that program doesn't work from box. I downloaded ver. 13.0.2.610 x64 it work good. And one more, i removed all mvc redistributions and all programs is working without that packages.

Now i will use this version, mb later moho will have fix and i can use newest version and buy it.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

0xc000007b means there are Microsoft files missing from your operating system. Please go to this Microsoft webpage:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hel ... -downloads

Scroll down to the "Visual Studio 2010 (VC++ 10.0) SP1" section and download the installer as well as the security update from that section. Run both of those files (first the installer, and once that's done, the security update).

If you want more detailed instructions on how to install those Microsoft Visual Studio C++ Redistributable files, then here is a Tech Advisor article showing you how:
https://www.techadvisor.com/how-to/wind ... g-3589464/

If this doesn't work, please contact our support team here:
https://lostmarble.com/support/
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Gh0StCK wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:23 am Thanks for help guys. But i am throwing this issue, because it's unbelievable that program doesn't work from box. I downloaded ver. 13.0.2.610 x64 it work good. And one more, i removed all mvc redistributions and all programs is working without that packages.

Now i will use this version, mb later moho will have fix and i can use newest version and buy it.
FWIW, 13.0.x isn't a particularly usable version of Moho because of the problems with its Smart Bones Action. All the critical Smart Bone problems of 13.0.x were fixed in during the 13.5 cycle, and if you have 13.0.x then 13.5.x is a free upgrade...no need to use the trial version. Also, you can install both versions on the same computer in case you need to fall back to 13.0.x for any reason.

I highly recommend installing the Windows updates suggested above and using the latest version of Moho. This really sounds like a Windows issue on your computer and not a Moho issue.

Hope this helps.
Gh0StCK

Post by Gh0StCK »

Greenlaw wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:17 pm
Gh0StCK wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:23 am Thanks for help guys. But i am throwing this issue, because it's unbelievable that program doesn't work from box. I downloaded ver. 13.0.2.610 x64 it work good. And one more, i removed all mvc redistributions and all programs is working without that packages.

FWIW, 13.0.x isn't a particularly usable version of Moho because of the problems with its Smart Bones Action. All the critical Smart Bone problems of 13.0.x were fixed in during the 13.5 cycle, and if you have 13.0.x then 13.5.x is a free upgrade...no need to use the trial version. Also, you can install both versions on the same computer in case you need to fall back to 13.0.x for any reason.

I highly recommend installing the Windows updates suggested above and using the latest version of Moho. This really sounds like a Windows issue on your computer and not a Moho issue.

Hope this helps.
Yeah, i know how its look like, but i wrote above that i reinstalled all packages many times from different sources, not one of it help solve this problem. And i have Win10 it's updating independing.
Mb i will trying to learn Toon Boom Harmony, if i can't working in Moho.
Whatever thx!
SamSamSam

Post by SamSamSam »

Updating in August 2023, it has not been fixed and none of the suggested solutions have worked.
Moho 12.5 works as expected but 13.5.5 does not open even after fully wiping system drive, reinstalling Windows 11 and the mentioned packages, cleaning registry, etc. Moho Pro 13.5.5 is not compatible with my system.

And Moho support does not seem to respond to messages, so looks like the OP made the right call.