Set a titled layer's angle as the new default

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

CodyBDrawin'

Set a titled layer's angle as the new default

Post by CodyBDrawin' »

While working on a character design, I opted to replace the head I was designing and instead reused the original head I did for my first iteration of my character. The dilemma is that in the original drawing (because it was just 2D vector art, not an animated rig; what I'm designing is a rig), her head was tilted back (because she was leaning back), so I had to rotate it to align it properly, but that messes up, among other things, the grid (as you'll see in the second screenshot).

Here's what it looks like right now:

Is there a way to set the crooked rotation in the first screenshot as the new default (where it will be aligned straight like it is by default, instead of tilted), or at least fix the grid to where it's at the correct/default starting angle (90 degrees) instead of being tilted?
hayasidist

Re: Set a titled layer's angle as the new default

Post by hayasidist »

take a look at http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... 70#p180070 -- the script "disapplies" all layer motion from the layer and re-applies it to the points.

Let me know if that's what you needed.
CodyBDrawin'

Post by CodyBDrawin' »

hayasidist wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:47 pm take a look at http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... 70#p180070 -- the script "disapplies" all layer motion from the layer and re-applies it to the points.

Let me know if that's what you needed.
Which one is it? The bake script Mediafire link?
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

CodyBDrawin'

Post by CodyBDrawin' »

So how do I install/use this? I've only ever installed one script, but I've never used this.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

This is a menu script. To install it, go to File > Open Custom Content Folder. (Assuming you selected a folder when you installed Moho. If you had not, you need to do this now by opening Edit > Preferences and setting it in the first tab.)

When the folder opens, open Scripts > Menu. The folders you see here correspond to the submenus under the Scripts menu. I suggest making a folder for your 3rd party scripts here; mine is called +Special (the + forces it to the top of the list.) Now drag the file hs_bake.lua to this folder.

If Moho is still open, press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+L to reload your scripts, or simply quit and relaunch Moho. After Moho loads the scripts, you will find a new script under the Scripts menu.

BTW, if the script you with to install is a tool script, drag the script + any icons that come with it to the Scripts > Tool folder. After reloading, the new tool will appear in the Tools Window.

Note: Do not install the scripts to the program folder. If you have tool mods, you need to install them in the Tool folder inside your Custom Content Folder. This way, the scripts that originally came with Moho do not get permanently altered.

Hope this helps.
CodyBDrawin'

Post by CodyBDrawin' »

I followed the instructions as written, but for some reason, the script is greyed out and I can't use it.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

try it on a frame other than 0. (it was designed as a "bridge" between the then new FBF feature and the vector/bone animation - so never used on frame 0)
CodyBDrawin'

Post by CodyBDrawin' »

Having since tried it on a frame other than 0, I can confirm it works now. Thanks for the help (and the script)!
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

you're very welcome!