Is there a way to display all layer keyframes without selecting every layer?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

BigBoiiiJones

Is there a way to display all layer keyframes without selecting every layer?

Post by BigBoiiiJones »

Is there a way to display all layer keyframes on the timeline without having to shift click all the layers? This would be useful when you want to view all your keyframes and maybe adjust them a bit quicker I generally like having a overview of my whole timeline when animating.

Daxel

Re: Is there a way to display all layer keyframes without selecting every layer?

Post by Daxel »

Yes, but sadly not officially. Hopefully on the next version. In the meanwhile, this is what you can do:
https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewto ... 08#p205108
Greenlaw

Re: Is there a way to display all layer keyframes without selecting every layer?

Post by Greenlaw »

You can use Layer Comps to enable Timeline Visibility for all the layers assigned to that Layer Comp. Like so...

Note that this doesn't select all the layers but it does enable Timeline Visibility for all the layers included in the Layer Comp. I think this is what you want.

BTW, I noticed that in this instance the check box for Timeline Visibility doesn't display correctly in Layer Comps. I'll report this but in the meantime this display error shouldn't affect performance.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

BigBoiiiJones wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:52 am ...I generally like having a overview of my whole timeline when animating.
Funny, I prefer to see only what's necessary when I'm animating...seeing all the keyframes at once is too overwhelming for me. This is why I disable all the color bones channels as described here:

Better Default Settings For Moho Pro (Scrub to 8:54 on the timeline.)

Occasionally, I do need to see keyframes for a few layers on the timeline together. In this situations, I enable Timeline Visibility for only these layers. If this is something I need to do often, then I'll set up a Layer Comp for it.

Hope this helps.