MOHO14 user manual

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Re: MOHO14 user manual

Post by Greenlaw »

I tried a quick test and It appears to work for me in Chrome. When I enter a word in the search box, I get a list of topics to choose from. Like so...

I wondered if this was because I was logged into the website, but I tried again while logged out and it still worked.

I try a more extensive search test later. (A little busy at them moment.)
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Greenlaw wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:17 pm I tried a quick test and It appears to work for me in Chrome. When I enter a word in the search box, I get a list of topics to choose from....
I think it only finds topic headings and doesn't search the body of each page -- which is fine if you want the topics with (e.g.) "Bone" in the title, but useless if you try to find something in the text (e.g. "liquid shape") which, at present, returns nothing. From the comments I've seen, that's the issue that people have: there's no equivalent of the text search of the whole document (as there is/was with a PDF).
teienkawi

Post by teienkawi »

i use windows 10. ive found in the opera browser using the browsers find (ctrl F) will highlight the text but i do have to be within the topic of what im searching for so in a sort of two step way the manual can have a search function for specifics. i dont use any other browser so for the other browsers i dont know if that will work. i just tested with fire fox it works with that browser to.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

hayasidist wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:44 pm I think it only finds topic headings and doesn't search the body of each page...
Ah...I see what you mean.
PipTrip

Post by PipTrip »

I'm sorry this is probably a super dumb question but can I have a link to the user manual? I've tried googling it and I could only find the manual for 13.5. I've poked around the forums and the official site and can't find it... Sorry again for the dumb question I just really need the manual. :C
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Sure...

https://lostmarble.com/support/

This page has links for both the User Manual and Tutorial Guide. You can also access the manual from under the Help menu.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, wait...sorry, that's for 13.5, not 14. Hmm...I'm surprised they haven't updated the links for 14 yet.

But, yes, the command under the Help menu will get you to the 14 manual.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
PipTrip

Post by PipTrip »

Greenlaw wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:20 pm Sure...

https://lostmarble.com/support/

This page has links for both the User Manual and Tutorial Guide. You can also access the manual from under the Help menu.
I'm so sorry I'm probably just being stupid but I went to that page before and no matter where I go I can't find it? It only gives me the download for the 13 manual and the offline/manual activation stuff for 14 but no manual for 14 and I don't see a "help" menu. And when I go to knowledgebase>manuals it only gives me the 13 manual there as well. Can you give me the exact directory path of what I should be clicking? I'm so sorry again...
ImageImage
Failing is always better than not trying.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Sorry, I meant the Help menu inside Moho...

This command will launch the manual.

I'm unsure if we can share the direct link to the Moho 14 manual in a public space. Maybe Victor or Mike can weigh in on this?
PipTrip

Post by PipTrip »

Greenlaw wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:22 am Sorry, I meant the Help menu inside Moho...

This command will launch the manual.

I'm unsure if we can share the direct link to the Moho 14 manual in a public space. Maybe Victor or Mike can weigh in on this?
Oh my god. I’m so sorry I was so confused TnT thank you so much!!!

If I may add my input regarding sharing the manual publicly, I’d like to say that I personally like to view manuals for software, even if I don’t have it, so I know what exactly it’s capable of at the core. I could be wrong, but I think that having the manual publicly available might potentially encourage people to buy the software, because once they get curious and open the manual, it will reassure them of how extensive and capable the software is.

That’s just my thoughts though. I literally got this software less than 2 weeks ago after having been eying it since version 12 and I have to say I have not been this hyped to learn and use a software since I got Manga Studio 4 EX (which is of course now CSP) and I’m having a blast.
Failing is always better than not trying.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

PipTrip wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:28 am If I may add my input regarding sharing the manual publicly, I’d like to say that I personally like to view manuals for software, even if I don’t have it, so I know what exactly it’s capable of at the core. I could be wrong, but I think that having the manual publicly available might potentially encourage people to buy the software...
I agree!

I just wasn't sure if that was still LM's official policy because the 14 manual isn't already on the Support page like the 13.5 manual is. This might simply be an oversight, but better to let them correct it if it is. I'll send LM a note about this tonight.

(It's probably okay since the manual's link should be available in the trial version too, but better to ask to be sure.)
rickevertsz

Post by rickevertsz »

Adding my vote for a PDF version.

I find the online version to be of limited utility because it seems you can only search for topic titles. Hopefully, they authored it in a way that allows both PDF and HTML versions to be generated.

If not, even a simple HTML version, rather than Google Drive, would be better. When I try to do a general Google search, it's apparent that the wiki pages aren't crawled by Google (e.g. "vitruvian site:youneedawiki.com").
-Rick
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

The web search was fixed already. Searching now finds the words not only in the titles but the text inside too. Comunicating it would have been nice because I guess many people just stopped using that web manual.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Wow. Search is now so much better. Ta.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I thought I saw an improvement this week! Glad to hear it's not my imagination! :D