One of My Dinosaurs Isn't Galloping Correctly

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

willf

One of My Dinosaurs Isn't Galloping Correctly

Post by willf »

Hentron

Re: One of My Dinosaurs Isn't Galloping Correctly

Post by Hentron »

Yeah, the pterodactyl looks a little floaty. Try lowering him and moving his legs.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

hentron- lol

willf- Are you talking about the yellow dinosaur not galloping correctly? They are moving fast enough that the viewer probably won't notice, but after watching it like 20 times it seemed to have less of a sense of weight than the green one. Overall it looks great, though!
willf

Post by willf »

Sorry lwux, the title was a lame joke. See, one of them isn't "galloping" correctly ... yeah lame, I know.

I'm actually pretty happy with them. The ankylosaur suffered from some sort of file corruption, so I had to rebuild its skeleton and rebind everything. When I was done, It galloped so much better than the Triceratops that I decided to rebuild his skeleton as well.

Here's an earlier version of the same scene without the pterodactyl, so you can see them running a bit better.

I've made some changes to the background since then as well. I won't even say how long it took to finish these four seconds of animation. Fortunately I can work on multiple scenes and make multiple passes at each one, and not every scene in the film is this labor intensive.

p.s. Hey, did you know that Vimeo lets you scrub the timeline? I just found that out. Neat.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

haha, okay, and here I was thinking that was Hentron's joke :P Yes, it's crazy how long 4 seconds of animation can take, especially when you have multiple characters to animate. Also didn't know about vimeo timeline scrubbing. That is really cool!